23. <3

Charlie's POV
We get up to our hotel room after the reception, and collapse on the bed. I hear Nick start to quietly sob. I sit up and scoot closer to him. I pull him up so we are sitting with our legs dangling off the side of the bed. I wrap my arms around him and let one of my hands ruffle with his hair. "Shh it's okay," I tell him. Even though it is most definitely not okay.

"Charlie she's gone.....forever."

"I know, I know. It's going to be so so hard, but we will be okay."

"I won't be okay," he says in between breaths. "I loved her more than anything except you."

"Don't lie you loved her more than me too," I say trying to fish even the smallest smile out of him. Nothing. "Nick do you remember the first time I came to your house?"

He meets eyes with me, "Yeah. You came over to meet Nellie."

"Nellie brought us together in a way. She deserves credit for a big part of us being us." He smiles. "She was in the snow with us that day too. She is in a lot of the photos. I think those are my favorite photos ever." He hugs me a little tighter before letting go, pulling out his phone, and scrolling through his favorites album which I notice is mainly pictures of me and Nellie. He gets to the snow pictures and zooms in on Nellie. He wipes his tears, and kisses me. "Char?"

"Yeah?"

"You do know I loved you more right? It was only a joke that I didn't."

"Nick it's okay. I was hoping it was a joke, but I was okay if it wasn't."

"Can we sleep now?" He asks me. "Of course," I tell him. We get changed and settled into bed. We are right next to each other. Usually I am the little spoon, but tonight Nick needed extra cuddles, so I let him. I am stroking his hair, and rubbing his back. We fell asleep just like that.

348 words

I think this is my shortest chapter, sorry. I am still in the hospital. I am having tests tun constantly while they try to figure out what's going on. I have 0 motivation to do anything, but I wrote something small anyways. I may not update for a few days, but I will be back!! Thank you!