11. <3

Charlie's POV
I wake ip still thinking about the events of yesterday. I get the thought that it might have been a dream, so I rip my hand out from under the duvet and check if there is a ring. There is. I let out a sigh of relief which wakes Nick.

"Sorry," I whisper.

"About?" Nick asks. "I sighed and woke you up," I reply.

"Don't ever be sorry about waking me up. It just means I get to spend some extra time with you this morning," he says. He sits up and leans into me for a kiss. We end up making out for like 30 minutes before eventually getting out of bed to make breakfast. We have plans later for Tara's birthday. We decided to not mention our engagement until tomorrow, today is about Tara. We finish eating, and head upstairs to get ready. I get a change of clothes and even though I have changed in front of Nick a million times by now it still makes me insecure. I debate going into the bathroom to change when my thoughts are interrupted, "Charlie, you are so beautiful. Your body is perfect," Nick says. It's like he can read my mind. I start taking off my shirt and pants and he's just watching me smiling. I get dressed, I am wearing one of my favorite Nick jumpers and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans. This is pretty much my signature outfit.

"Ready to go?" I call to the bathroom where Nick is.

"Yep, just gotta grab her gift," Nick replies.

"Ok I will be downstairs," I say. Nick eventually comes down the stairs and meets me by the door. He slips on his Vans, and we walk to the car. Nick drives, Nick always drives if we are together. I watch him the whole way to Tara's. I just admire every small detail on his perfect face. He has such small dimples that they are barely noticeable. They are barely even there. I have never really noticed them until now. He catches me starting and asks, "What?"

"I was just looking at you," I reply. I think he already knew this though.

"Yeah I know, but why?" He asks.

"Because you are beautiful," I say. I notice his cheeks turn a light red color.

"Your one to talk," he replies.

"We aren't talking about me, we are talking about you this time," I answer. Nick is always complimenting me. I am going to make it my goal to compliment him as much as possible tonight. "You have the best smile."

"Char why are you doing this?" He asks in between his laughs.

"Because I want to tell you how perfect you are."

"Charles I appreciate it, but you don't need to do that," he says.

"Nick you are always complimenting me. It's my turn." Nick turns toward me and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before returning his eyes to the road.

"Char my love language is words of affirmation it's just what I do," he says.

"That's a lie," I say raising my eyebrows and giggling.

"What do you mean," Nick asks while copying my laughing.

"We both know that both of our love languages is physical touch. When you aren't around me I feel lonely. I feel like I am in need of constant Nick Nelson touch."

"You do have a point. Whenever I am not with you I feel empty and anxious. I just love to have my hands in that beautiful hair of yours," he says while taking one hand off of the steering wheel to place it in my hair and ruffle it around.

"I love you," I say as Nick moves his hand from my hair to my thigh.

"I love you more," Nick replies giving my thigh a gentle squeeze.

643 words