Chapter 3: Bookstores

Zenitsu's POV

"Do I look good in this..?" (Y/N) asked me in her blue and white triangles Haori. "Where did you get that from? It looks familiar.." I stared at it. "Kaigaku?.." I mentioned, she nodded her head. "Its so comfortable~!" I sighed. It was awkward that he was treating me bad, but (Y/N)..?

"Not fair.." I mumbled, thinking of the fact that he treats her kindly.. "I have to go now." "Where are you going? Is it a demon slayer mission of yours?" She stopped. "I don't think you would believe me.. But I think there's a cure for.." She stopped talking, as she knows that I know what she's saying.

"I'll just come with you.." I stood up and carried the box, "Are you sure? You just got here yesterday. You're not gonna hang out with your friends? Inosuke? Tanjiro? Nezuko?" She questioned. "He's my relative, so I have to go.. If it wasn't anything about him, I'd stay here."

"Ok then!" She skipped out of the butterfly mansion, I wasn't curious on where the bookstore is, just follow her I guess. "Are you thirsty?" I looked to her. "No, we just started walking. But, can you help me carry this box..? It's tiring my shoulders."

I said as I gave her the box, she now carries it. "It was heavy when the second I carried it, but now it's light.." "Eh?! Who said it was light!? Not fair!" I shouted at her. "We need to speed up!" She ran before I could catch up, me almost tripping. "We're here.."

I look up to the town, it looked like the entertainment district arc, something like that. "Now, where is that bookstore?" She sped up, making me feel lost soon. "Can you stop trying to lose me? You know I don't have sooo much stamina." "Ah, ok. But I don't see anything that looks like the butterfly mansion, something like that should be the bookstore."

About 12 minutes later, we haven't found it. I felt like it was fake but (Y/N) had rejected it, since it was for the good of Kai. "Can we take a break?! How are you not tired yet? Unless.. You're a demon!" I stopped walking. "Sorry. I didn't mean to push you this much, how about we sit?"

"I don't know.. Maybe it's not here! The people here looks weird, they're like a mannequin or something!" I started to hear bone cracks, screams. I covered my ears so I couldn't hear them anymore, it was terrifying. "Zenitsu, are you okay? Do you hear something?"

"Bone cracks, screams.. And more.." I whimpered. "There's a demon.." She stood up and took out her sword, ready for any attack. She ran away to nowhere, leaving me alone. "(Y/N)!" I ran trying to find her, but she was stuck in a crowd. The only thing I had to do was just wait until she comes back, probably.

I didn't want to stay there like an idiot, so I ran to the screamings, them being louder. I tripped because something was in front of me. It was the box, again! "Idiot. Why do you even leave it here?" I mumbled and I picked up the box, securing it. "(Y/N)!!" I screamed.

I looked up to see the bodies of the people, who had died. "Dumb asses! Dumb asses! No wonder you died so stupidly!!" I screamed and ran out of the forest, I was scared. I shouldn't be, I'm a demon slayer! No, I was forced to be one! I should just find the bookstore.

I saw many demon slayers around, running. They somehow gout out, hm? Wait.. Where's (Y/N)?! I'm going to have to go there with Kai!

Your POV

        There was many demon slayers that died to the demon, I had made them evacuate back to the city. I said I could handle it, thaat was a bad idea... I was kind of injured on my left arm, blood spilling out. The demon was like a lower moon.. they looked like butterflies, I'm only saying that because they have wings.