Chapter 4: Uppermoon 2

Your POV

I woke up this morning, it was about 6:00 AM or so. I didn't see Kai sleeping, so he must be in the box already. But while I was dressing up, I felt someone was staring at me. I kept looking back, but there wasn't anyone actually. My experience of a caretaker isn't too bad right now.

I carried the box and went outside. The sun was rising up, a good time to be awake. Zen should be up now, we have training to do. I knocked on the door of the butterfly mansion, no response, but maybe they're just busy. I decided to train on my own for a while, but where?

The door opened by its own, weird. I went in and it seemed to be scary, but somehow also nice. "Boo!" A voice shouted, it scared me. "Zenitsu! Was that necessary?!" He sighed. "I don't wanna go training yet. I wanna keep sleeping!" He whined. "I don't care, you're. Training. With. Me."

"Whatever, I'm going back to sleep." I ignored him, but maybe it isn't the time to actually interrupt him. It's just the start of the day. But, he should train still.. I didn't eat anything for breakfast, I wasn't really starving. I realised that I had a necklace on my neck.

It was from Kai, again. I'm not sure why he gave me these, but I don't mind anyway. Even thought if it didn't fit on me, I would still wear it. Probably a gift for saving him, but maybe he won't live long. I know that he would do anything to live, even if that meant sacrificing people.

I have wondered what he looked like when he was human, I want to see it so badly. Maybe if that demon wasn't there, this would never happen. I went to the training area and I put the box down on the platform, beside me. I was watching the sun rising, and listening to the bird chirps.

I relaxed my hand on the box, I also felt sleepy yet happy. It wasn't the time to sleep, but I felt like it anyway. I lay down, and snored. I didn't know Zenitsu would hear it, since he has some super-hearing power. I slept in peace, feeling like it's the end of the world.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" A voice shouted in my ear. "Oh, sorry. Should we go training now..?" "Did you even eat anything?" I wanted to tell the truth, but maybe he would care so much. "Yes." I stood up. The training started early, I'm not sure why but I thought it would be good.

We swing sword each second, I felt like I was losing stamina. I slid backwards, ready to use one of my forms. Until, I thought of using thunder breathing. I had learned a few forms of it, but I never cared to use it. I needed to think fast, or Else I could just lose.

"(B/c) breathing, 2nd form!" I said. Zenitsu looked at my underwear when my skirt was up. 'Oh my god! I-is this a dream?! Kaigaku would probably scold me if he was watching!!' He shouted in his mind, I blushed as ripe as a tomato. "You... Pervert!!"

I hit his forehead with a wooden sword, he fell down. I started to become dizzy because of what just happened. "I love this training!" He whispered loudly. "Oh, shut up! You sure did.." I gripped my skirt. "Next time, if this happens again.. I'm taking a photo!"

I grunted. "I'm on my period, stop being a coward!" I went back to the bedrooms. "Wheres Tanjiro and inosuke..?" I mumbled. I haven't seen them in a while.. I went out back to the training area. "Get up, we have a mission!" He got up immediately,

"W-we just trained! Are you sure it's too early for a mission-" i made a face, making him annoyed. I carried the box, going outside. I decided to stay outside for a while, to wait for Zenitsu of course. I saw him running up to me. "You scared me! I thought you were gonna leave me!"

"Hmph." The pain of my shoulders made me tired, it was uncomfortable. "Anyways, how is your experience with Kaigaku?" "Doing well.. We'll see." I sped up, "Where are we going?! This is so far!" He cried out. "Baka! We only started running!"

"Have you ever seen what Kai looked like when he was human?" I asked a random question, I was bored of the silence. We were walking now. "Yeah, he didn't have those black marks. He looked way uglier!" I pouted. We were now in the city, it was like a temple.

We realised that this was like a church, where people would pay their respects. I'm not sure why our demon slayer mission is located here, but we have to complete it. I saw a blonde boy, with rainbow eyes. He looked young, 6 or 5. "Please let me have a good future, I don't wanna die.."

A woman said, crouching down. The boy was like a god, what is happening here? Demon? Don't seem like it. "Follow me. I'll lead you to peace, but just make sure to wear your blindfold all times." He stood up, made them wore the blind fold and grabbed their wrist, leading them to a door that seemed.. Suspicious.

He didn't know we were watching, so clearly we had the opportunity to look. We wanted to see if it real. He lead the woman downstairs, not closing the door. The church was closing soon, so he had been expecting for no one to be there. We followed and peeked in there, kind of dark.

"Touch the light, it's your future." They lifted their arm, trying to touch the 'light' "I can feel it.. I can.." They said. The boy turned into a man. "(Y/N).. Maybe.. Maybe that's the demon.." Zenitsu whispered. The blond dug into their neck, blood spilling out.

"Did you really think this is real..?" They opened their mouth, but he covered it. "Don't worry! I won't hurt you. I just need a little of you.." He grinned. He started to scratch their arms, legs and ears. I felt bad for them, I couldn't stop him since he was an upper moon, and we would die easily.

He killed them. We needed to run out of the church unless we don't want to get eaten.. "What was that?! It was clearly an upper moon!! (Y/N), we're gonna die!" He shouted, plead and gripped my Haori. "Shh! He might hear us.. Keep your volume down-"

We saw blood splatter on the outside, I knew immediately that he was eating. Luckily, it was morning and he can't come out, or he would burn. We ran, just to get lost. "Oh, come on! What are we gonna do now?! Are we gonna pretend we never saw that guy and practically say that we already completed the mission?!"

I grunted. "How would they believe us!? No way, of course! What were we supposed to do at that situation?! Just fight that guy and die stupidly?! No!" I shouted. We argued, for a while.. "Sorry Kai." I mumbled. "Ugh." He whined. I saw the sun going down.

"Huh?! It's already almost night?!" I shouted. We were worried that the man could eat us all, maybe he actually saw us peeking. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" Zenitsu screamed. "We're gonna get eaten for sure.." I mumbled. I checked the church again, for any sign of demon.

There was none, we had clearly saw something. I felt light from the box earlier, so I brang it to a shade and opened it. I gasped. "There's nothing?! Not again!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Where is that upper moon?.." I checked the downstairs, he wasn't there.

I checked the whole church, but again.. No one. How? The only exit is to go out of this place, but there's the sun. I was also worried that he disappeared. We didn't let him out of the box, the door didn't open. We had to think of a reason that he would disappear, magically.

"G-got any idea yet?" I asked. "No.." We were struggling about it. We decided to report it to headquarters, for now. I hope Kaigaku is safe. If not, then we're dead. But, the day didn't go that bad. I told Zenitsu that I don't know how he disappeared, but I clearly had lied.

He wouldn't agree, telling its lies, blah blah blah. But maybe it could be true, just.. Wait. They, disappeared with him. The same time the box got light. Oh.

hey guys, sorry for not updating. I was really busy with school and I didn't have the ideas, motivation for a new chapter. I think the time for making a chapter, could be about 1 week. Sorry if that's too long.. 😅😅 anyways, I'm upset with the chapter I just wrote. It wasn't that long, it's just 1456 words 😭