Chapter 9: Clueless

Third-person POV

(Y/N) found herself in a lonely bedroom, she wondered what the time was due to a disappearance. It would be about 8:40 in her mind, but it was really earlier than that. She got herself up and looked around, only to see that they weren't there. She thought she saw the others at a late night, but doesn't seem like so.

She went out of the bedroom, barefoot. She stopped, something was missing to her. She wanted to stop thinking about it, but it couldn't get off her mind. She had turned into a Hinoto, the 4th strongest rank. Just because she got into a fight with an upper moon..

She checked outside, stepping on a paper. She saw that it was a mail. She opened the mail and got a paper.

Hello, (Y/N). I want to ask you, why is he here? I saw him in the infinity castle, I thought he would be hanging out with you. He didn't seem so happy, what happened?

-Kokushibo

'Wait, Kaigaku? He didn't follow me?' (Y/N) thought. She realised she didn't care about him, and that she was really not in the mood at that time. She facepalmed herself, blaming herself that it was her fault. Nobody was at the butterfly mansion, weird.

She wanted to apologise to him so badly, but coming in the infinity castle would be severely impossible. She was exhausted, she didn't want to be a demon slayer anymore. She wanted to be herself, her old life. Where she was never forced to fight demons, she would pick flowers and smell them.

She stood there in the sun, trying to feel confident. But her heart was beating fast. She never wanted to hurt anybody's feeling like her parents hurt hers. She wanted to be a brave person, kind, and trustworthy. She finally understood why she got the 'kindness in evil' symbol on her necklace.

It was a gift to her, even if it was one thing. She never understood why she got that, until now. But she never believed that one joke that Zenitsu kept saying. She would never trust him.

'Now, who do I have to hang out with?' (Y/N) thought as she went in again. She was lonely, not to say the fact that she has lesser friends than her childhood lifetime. She really wish she could also hang out with Genya. She wondered what was going on with these two, the Shinazuagawas.

It's been a decade seen she'd last seen them. Did they die? Vanish? No. If they did, it would probably announced to the headquarters. But she was afraid. She had an enough chance of becoming a hashira, she was overskilled between her friends.

She wasn't ready for this yet. It many weeks has passed since she joined this group. She really didn't want to, but (Y/N) wanted to prove herself that she was strong enough. Well, it didn't end up well. She felt bad, letting everyone down at her rate.

(Y/N) sat down on her bed, overthinking about her friends. All she had to do is to cry here, in this bedroom. She had no one for her now, and it ended up like this because of her. She dropped herself on the bed, making a groan. "Zenitsuu! Kaigakuu! Genyaa!"

She shouted their names, hoping there was a signal, even though it was stupid. A scene started to replay on her mind.

*

There was (Y/N), going back to the butterfly mansion with the box. She was really tired of slaying demons, they hurt her a lot. She sat down in exhaustion, she really needed eye bags. She was probably going to make herself sleep immediately, but she still needed to do alot of things.

The door to the box opened, and she saw mini Kai running around. "Wait! Hey!" She started to chase him around the mansion. "Don't you dare go out to the sun!" She warned. He was running like Nezuko, too. She suddenly fell down, hitting her head. That only happened because she stepped and tripped on his ribbon tied on his waist, he turned small so the clothes turned bigger.

"Oi!" She raised her hand, but her brain told her to sleep so she did. She went snoring, loud for him to hear. He went back to inspect her. "mmfh." He hummed.

*

She didn't really hear or see what else he did, just running around. She really missed the old times where he would always had the time to hang out with her, even he didn't think that doing it wouldn't be risking his life. He was an upper moon, she wasn't supposed to be friends with someone who is on another team, or side.

But he seemed really interested in her. She were a little aggressive to him, though. But he didn't mind, for now. There's probably no way that she would reach out to him, again. She felt sorry of what she did. She already knew that he was out there, listening to the whole conversation.

She didn't really like him, only caring about him. But at that time, nevermind about what that just said. She really wanted to steal that thing tied on his waist and try it on. It really looked pretty. She now decided to check Genya if he was free to hang out with her.

Well, not only genya, but also all the other Kakushis. No matter what gender they may be, they still loved her. They loved her personality, looks, type, and breathing. Female kakushis, they really felt that having feelings for her was illegal. They were also jealous of Kaigaku, her friends, too.

They would always talk to her about things, questions that were random. "Genya!" She saw the black Mohawk-haired. She clinged on to him, more like on his waist. "Where have you been?" He became red like a tomato. "Nothing, it's just Oni-Chan." She pouted. "Not him again! Why are you still brothers with him?"

Silence stood between the two, as he started mumbling stuff. "H-have you seen Kaigaku?" She asked curiously. Suddenly, He grunted. "Hey! What's wrong?" She thought that he hated her so much, or maybe that she was annoying or aggressive. But, Genya was only jealous that she cared about that 'demon'. He liked (Y/N) so much that he couldn't confess.

"Whatever, nevermind about that. Wanna eat some ohagi later?" She suggested. "Ask Sanemi or him. I don't like Ohagi." He tried to look away. "I'm not asking if you like Ohagi! I'll just be the one to eat it, and we can hangou-" She looked up to him, he had a nosebleed. "Genya! Are you okay?!" She put her hand on his shoulder.

"Stop it, you're making it worse!" He snapped out of it and looked at her. "How am I making the stupid nosebleed?! I never had one before!" "Whatever." He held her hand, as she chuckled. "Alright, where now, Genya-san?" She teased him. "Y-you choose." He stuttered.

"What about your brother's estate?" She grinned. "No. If he sees us hanging around, he's going to scold us because he never had a chance to do that with Kanae." Her eyes widened. "If he likes Kanae, then who do you like?" She gasped, he looked away from embarrassment.

(I know this isn't a Genya x reader)

"Never mind about that, again! Let's just go to Tokyo to eat Ohagi.. Or maybe you wanna switch the food?" She smiled, gently. He was too red to speak. "Please, just answer me.. Whatever! Ramen it is!" She ran. "(Y/N).." He ran, and daydreamed at the same time.

(No Kai for now 😂😂😂😂)

*TIMESKIP*

"Ah.. I think I really need to go now." The two walked to the exit of Tokyo. Genya stopped at the certain scent. "Genya? Why did you stop? We need to go!" He trembled in fear. "Gen-" Something slimy and disgusting behind her back grabbed her waist. He took his shotguns out and fired at the slimy thing.

"Stay away from her, you bastard!" She dropped onto him. All they heard was a mysterious laugh, of course it was from a demon. (Y/N) stood up and took out her sword, electrocuting the ground. "That was a tentacle or something?!" She shouted. She swiftly went forward the demon, beheading it.

"Let's goo.." She said, dizzily. "Are you okay?" He held her hand. "Yeah, I am. I just didn't expect this to happen." They went back to the mansion, and saw the trio there. "Tanjiro! Zenitsu! Inosuke!" She shouted. She already knew they arrived, since the door was open.

"Well, see you later, Genya-san!" She opened the door and looked at him as she again closed the door when she saw him walking away. "Ahhhh!!" She whined. "What a day."

(1481 words)

I'm so sorry this took so long I was dizzy 😭