Chapter 7: A sign

You were walking down a forest, on your way to visit somewhere. You were not sure where or what your doing, but you didn't think about it. You saw a black-haired boy, it was one of the kids in the temple. "Uh.. Hey, what are you doing here? You're too far from the area, you might get lost."

He looked at you directly at your eyes, he was also kind of dirty. He started running away from you, You tried to catch him but he was too far.

Let me explain. You were one of Gyomei's helper & friends, ever since you met him he asked if you wanted to stay at his temple, but you rejected since you already had a home. You started visiting the temple so you can do activities with the other kids, to make it more enjoyable.

But ever since you started doing it, Kaigaku didn't like it anymore. He wasn't doing any stuff all the other kids did, even not eating food. His only meal was peaches, you weren't sure why. You kept telling Gyomei about this, and other suspicious things he was doing.

All the kids respected you because you were kind, gentle and pretty. Well of course not him. You always wanted to interact with him kindly once, but not even a single time you did. He once called you garbage, and you talked back to him saying that he was a bitch.

You were 8 at that time, you didn't know how to take care of yourself since your parents left you. You wanted to be one of the temple kids, but maybe it wasn't a fitting place for you. You wanted to hit him so badly, well you wanted to be a nice person so you didn't do it.

You walked up to the temple and called, "Hello? Are we playing hide and seek?" You weren't joking, because it was actually crazy. Then, you saw blood all over the walls, you screamed. Well.. After you saw the temple, you realised that the kids were dead, except one, which is fortunate. You then, wanted to scold him. But you didn't understand what he wanted and what he was doing.

After that, you woke up. You saw Kaigaku sleeping beside you on the bed, you were embarrassed and wanted to scream. But also in his normal form too? (I mean that I'm trying to tell you that he wasn't in his mini form) Ahhh... You ran outside to see your Haori hanged up to the sun, you didn't do that.

"Oi, (Y/N)!" Zenitsu shouted, you squeaked at the top of your lungs. "Aiyah, I'm sorry I didn't hang my Haori.. My alarm didn't go off." You lied. There wasn't any alarm clock in this generation, this isn't modern or something. You realised the half of the parts were torn off.

You cried of upset, you didn't even care about it. You felt bad that he trusted it to you, and you wanted to pay back. You decided to still wear it, anyway. "Are you gonna bring him..?" You shook your head. "I think he still needs rest!" He gasped. "He's gonna kill me if you're hurt.."

"Can we play hide and seek..?" You were bored, you just wanted to revise one of your favourite games. "What kind of question is that..?" You both were laying down, the tree shading your heads. "How old is Kaigaku...?" He mumbled. "What do you mean?!" You shouted.

"Nothing! Let's go!" You thought where you were gonna go, since this wasn't your mission. It was Zenitsu's. "Oi, where the fuck are we!?" You both were in like an estate. "The Ubuyashiki estate, of course!" "And, what are we here for?" He grunted. "To assist Amane, Hinaki, Nichika, kiriya, Kuina and Kanata for taking care of Oyakata-sama."

You gasped. "How do you know all their names?! Do you like them?! Ew!" They were like 2-14 years old, you couldn't even memorise their names because they were rare. "No, I don't! Some point, I still remember them." You thought he was lying and you rolled your eyes, in exhaustion.

???'s POV (not Kai's)

Oh come on, I'm stuck in the butterfly mansion with a stubborn demon! "Alright, what's your name?!" I was really exhausted, because they keep ignoring my messages. I was hoping they didn't have a last name so maybe I can choose it for them.