Ch. 9- Do you like me?

Austin P.O.V.

I was cleaning up some more when Ally came up behind me and asked the unthinkable.

"Do you like me?"

"Of course I like you Ally" I said turning around.

"No.. Austin, I mean as more than a friend." When she said that my eyes widened.

"The kiss. What was that for if you don't like me. And you've been acting so weird lately. Please, I just need to know."

I was so nervous. My hands were sweating, and my heart was beating jet fast. I put my hand over my heart just to see. "Uhh" Was all that could come out. I didn't know what to do, so my natural instinct was to run. Which probably could've been the stupidest thing ever. I ran downstairs and slided my hand across the counter as I felt Ally's book. Her book. That thing has all her deepest, darkest secrets. 'Should I read it?' I asked myself. Me and Ally are best friends, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing to hide. I picked up the book and ran to my house before Ally could get me.

As soon as I got home, I ran up to my room so no one could question me. All I needed was some peace and quiet. I laid down in my bed and started on page one.

Dear Diary,

Heyy!! I'm Ally Dawson, nice to meet you!

After I read that first line I flipped through some pages to see something written about six months ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. Ally liked me? Wait...I'm forgetting something. That was a long time ago, so I mean, she probably doesn't like me anymore. I wish she did. That's why I ran out and didn't tell her my true feelings. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of rejection, and loosing my songwriter and best friend. She means the world to me, and I don't know what I'd do without her. I bookmarked the page I was on and closed the book, falling into a deep sleep.

Ally P.O.V.

OMG AUSTINNN! WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED?! There was only one thing I could do now, and that was call Dez. I took out my phone and called him up.

(Bold: Ally Italics: Dez)

Hey Dez, can you come over to the shop.

Yeah, why?

I just need some help with something. Wait... Okay nevermind I'll just tell you over the phone. So remember that one night I had that date with Dallas?

Yeah

Well, after that, Austin to pick me up, and we kissed.

OH MY GOD!!!

*Ally laughes* Okay, and then few minutes ago I asked Austin if he liked me, and he just ran out. He's been acting so weird lately. And Trish told me Austin likes me, but I wasn't sure. I really like Austin, but I'm just waiting for him to make the first move, ya know?

Well Ally, It's true. Austin really likes you, but he thinks you don't like him back and he's just scared. He doesn't want to lose you. Ally he cares about you so much. Here, want me to hook you likes up like you two did for me and Trish?

No - I um, I mean, just wait. Maybe he'll just make a move but thanks, I'll call you back if I need anything.

Okay. *Dez's mom yells: THE COOKIES ARE READY!!!* OKAY MOM!!!!! See ya Ally!

I hung up the phone and my dad drove us home. I wish I could stay home for the rest of my life. No drama, no school, no nothing. I was watching T.V. when I fell asleep on the couch.

SORRY IT'S SHORT!!!!! It was kind of a filler, but there was definately some drama in here so I hope you enjoyed!! I might post the next chapter today as well. :-D