Chapter 18

Faintly, I hear people talking in another room. I open my eyes and look around. Right, I'm at Peter's. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and reach over to grab my phone. I tap the screen and it lights up with notifications.

10 missed calls.

5 voicemails.

24 new messages.

Great. I look at the missed calls and they're all from Happy and Tony. I tap on the voicemails and hit play.

9:47pm
"Hey kid. Tony wanted to know where you were and what you're doing because you didn't call for a ride. So just... call back."

That was when he called last night and I hung up on him. I sigh and move on to the next one.

10:12pm
"Kid, it's Happy... again. Tony really wants you to come back. I don't think he's too happy. Just, call back."

10:56pm
"......... it's Tony. This is not funny kid. I read the note. If I didn't want to deal with your "problems" or whatever you wanna call them, I wouldn't have. If I don't want to do something, I don't do it. Just... get back here."

11:32pm
"C'mon kid. It's late and cold. I know Happy has called you a few times and you haven't answered him at all so I'm doubting you'll answer me. But just, come back to the tower kid. I'm not mad."

12:06am
"I'm calling again because, you should really come back now, or I'll have Thor eat all of your cereal."

1:20am
"Alright, last and final warning. If you don't answer me back by 10 am, I am going to track your phone and come get you. Stay safe till then, unless you call me back and have me come pick you up right now. That's what you should do, but... whatever."

I quickly look at the time and see that it's 9:42. Okay, I'm just gonna ignore that and hope he actually doesn't do that. Because if he does then, I'm screwed.

I stand up and throw my phone on the bed. I poke my head out of Peter's doorway and look out towards the living room. Peter is sitting at the table with May eating. As soon as I'm about to take my head out of the hall he turns and sees me.

"Hey Y/N! You can come out here." He said.

I coughed and started walking out of his room. "Right. Yeah."

"Good morning honey." May says, looking at me with a smile.

"Morning." I glance at her with a slight smile.

"If you want some eggs they're over on the stove, feel free to take some."

Peter looks over at me with wide eyes and shakes his head a little bit. Looking down at his eggs I get what the message is, they're not good.

"Oh uh, it's alright. I'm not really hungry right now."

"Alright well, feel free to have Peter make you something later when you do get hungry. I have to head off to work," she kisses him on the head and continues, "I'll see you guys later."

The door shut and now it's just me and Peter.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks, walking over to the stove.

"Not too bad." It could've been a lot better, but oh well, who needs sleep anyways.

He discards the leftover eggs in the trash and puts the pan in the sink. "That's good."

The room falls silent as we awkwardly look at each other. No but seriously, this is really awkward. I look away from him and just look around other places in the room.