Chapter 10

Tony's POV

As I step out of the elevator I continue on my way to the kitchen. I start to pour myself another cup of coffee and some cereal. Which reminds me, I need to get more pop tarts for Thor. He'll probably cause a thunderstorm if he doesn't have any. I grab my cereal and coffee and sit down at the island. While I'm eating I hear a voice which causes me to look up.

"Good morning Tony." Steve greets.

"Yea morning Iceman." I return while swiping through my StarkPad.

"So did you sleep last night?"

I look at him with an 'are you serious' face, "What do you think?"

"I'm gonna take that as a no."

"Good way to take it." I mumble.

He sits down on the other end of the island and starts to eat a banana. Disgusting. Who likes bananas?

"So what happened to Y/N last night?"

I freeze for a minute. "Um, I'm not sure. She just turned up here last night. Don't know, why are you asking?"

"Oh, I hope she's okay. I helped her calm down from a nightmare early this morning."

What! I feel- jealousy? She's my intern not his. Ugh it's just a nightmare. I shouldn't even be the one to care, I'm just her mentor or whatever you would call it.

"Okay."

"Okay? Tony? Are you serious right now?"

"I am serious right now. Very serious." I deadpan.

"You should be worried she was really shaken up last night."

"Who says I'm not?" I glare at him.

As he goes to say something else he gets cut off by Y/N walking in. He just gets up and starts going towards the living room.

"Good mornin'" she groggily addresses us.

"Morning Y/N." Steve responds before he makes it out of the kitchen.

"Hey kid, you sleep okay?" I ask.

"I suppose." She dryly replies.

"You wanna eat some breakfast and then we could head down to the lab?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, do you want Cinnamon Toast Crunch again?" I ask as I make my way to the cereal cupboard.

She nods.
________________________________________

Y/N's POV

As I wake up I remember what happened last night, well, early this morning. I had a nightmare. Just to make it better I cried, cried, into Captain America's arms. God I'm so weak. And useless. And stupid. I don't know how I'm not dead yet. I yawn and ask Friday for the time.

"Um Friday, what time is it?"

"It is currently 9:19 am."

I mumble a 'thanks' and carry on waking up. I hop out of the bed and stumble for a minute losing my balance but regain it quickly. The pain from what Jen to me is still there, though I managed to get all of the glass from my back.

Walking over to my bag on the desk, I pulled out some of the clothes I packed and changed into them. It was just a black long sleeve and grey sweatpants. I walked out of the room and towards the kitchen. I see Steve and Mr.Stark sitting at the island.

"Good mornin'" I say walking into the kitchen.

"Morning Y/N." Steve responds walking out of the kitchen.