Chapter 19

"We need to go. Now." I instructed.

"Why? What's wrong?" Peter asked worriedly.

"I'll tell you later. C'mon we gotta find a way out that isn't the front." I tell him, grabbing the arm of his jacket and pulling him away.

Glancing to the front doors I see that Tony is just about to walk in. My breathing starts to become ragged and uneven but I fight to slow it down. I spot the swinging doors to the back of the store and drag Peter towards them. As I look towards the front Tony and I make direct eye contact. My eyes widen and I turn my head back. A moment later we're leaving Starbucks through the back doors.

I start bolting down the street and Peter tries to follow. As I'm running I bump into a few people and yell a quick, "sorry!" to each of them. I start to slow down once we get a few blocks further. Once Peter catches up, he grabs me by the arm and drags me into an alley.

"What the," Peter starts, panting as he tries to regain his breath, "hell."

"Im sorry!" I say. "I swear."

"It's fine. I just wanna know why we're running from Tony Stark! Aren't you his intern? Shouldn't you be happy to see him?"

"Uh okay so hekindatookmeinandthenikindaranaway." I spit out.

Peter just stares for a moment. His jaw drops and he looks like a fish gasping for air. "Tony Stark took you in!"

A man walking past the alley turned his head and raised an eyebrow. I shoot my head towards Peter, "Shhhh! C'mon we gotta keep going."

I peek my head around a building and check if the coast is clear. Since it is, we both leave the alley and start walking father away from the Starbucks. While we're walking there's a guy walking a fluffy golden retriever. Both of us get to pet it and it licks our hands. As we're walking past an apartment I hear a familiar voice shout my name.

"Y/N!"

I slowly turn around and see her. I quickly look at the apartment to confirm that it is the she-devil. Turning back to her, I clench my fist and ask, "Who are you?"

"Don't bullshit me!" She glares.

"Uh... Y/N." Peter addressed.

"C'mon Peter." I say, turning to walk in the other direction when I see no other than the man himself. This day just can't get any worse now can it?

"You better get in that damn apartment right now!" The witch states, pointing her finger towards the building.

She starts walking closer and I step back, yanking Peter with me. I look over and the man himself is approaching us quickly. Fuck fuck fuck. "Peter. You need to go. Like right now."

"What? Why?"

"I don't exactly have time to explain this second. Please, just go." I plead.

He sighs, "you better call." He furrows his eyebrows, contemplating. A moment later he's across the street walking back towards his apartment. Once I turn back around Tony is only a few feet away.

"Kid." He greets, nodding his head.

I gulp and look down.

"Mr.Stark, what are you doing here?" Jen asks 'politely'.

"Y/N here, was late for the internship today so I figured that I would come see if everything was okay."

"She is so sorry about that. But she won't be able to make it today. Isn't that right Y/N?"

I stay silent and look between the two adults.

Jen flared her nostrils and peered at me. "Isn't that right, Y/N."