Chapter 4

Y/N's POV

"Cmon kid. Let's go eat." Mr.Stark said with a slight dominant voice.

"We're going to eat inside?" I questioned.

"Yeah, put these on so you can hide somewhat of your face." He spoke as he handed me a pair of black sunglasses.

"Oh okay." I put them on and got out of the car. They were a bit big on my face but not by much.

We went into Burger King and sat down at a table. Mr.Stark's security guard, Happy, went to go get our food. Mr.Stark and I just sat there in silence. I would mostly just stare down at the table or look out the window. I was kind of still getting over the fact that I have: 1. Met my idol, Tony Stark, and 2. I'm sitting in a Burger King with him.

I was staring off into nothing when I heard my name. "Y/N, the food's here." Mr.Stark said, breaking me out of zoning out.

"Oh okay." I said a little shyly and embarrassed. I slowly picked up a fry and ate it. I actually haven't had Burger King in forever. Probably not since Uncle Jake died.

That's when he started asking questions. "So, what's your deal?"

"What?" I asked, confused by what he meant.

"What's wrong, you have barley talked. Everyone that meets me just goes on and on about how cool it is to meet me and everything. And you have only said a few words." He said while taking a bite out of his cheeseburger.

"I mean no disrespect if that's what you're getting at. I- I just, it is very cool to be meeting you and everything. I think it's because I'm still getting over the fact that you just came to my school because I got an %100 on a test, said I was going to be an intern at Stark Industries, and now I'm sitting in a Burger King with you." I took a few more fries and took a bite out of my cheeseburger. I tried not to eat to slow, but not to fast because I didn't want to seem like a pig. Although I was very hungry.

"Disrespect? You're no where close to it. You're just very quiet. I get it. You're still a bit surprised that I picked you up from school and now we're in a Burger King. By the way, you're my intern, not just a Stark Industries intern." He said, with something like an understanding voice.

I took another bite of my burger while staring at him and trying to process what he just said. "Y- yo- your, intern?"

"That's just what I said. Was it not?" He said jokingly while continuing to eat his cheeseburger.

"It was but why would I be your intern?"

"Maybe because you don't need to be down with all the other interns doing a bunch of stuff you don't need to do. I don't want you down there waisting your smarts bringing people coffee and filling out paperwork and all that shit."

"O- oh. So how is it gonna work?" I asked while eating a few more fries.

"So you will go to school everyday as normal. You will come to Stark Industries after school until around 6, and then you'll go home."

"That seems pretty easy."

"Yeah, so uh, tell me about yourself."

Why god why. I hate talking about myself. I started speaking hesitantly, "Um, I uh, I'm 14, I like dogs they're pretty fun. A lot of my classes at school are pretty easy..." I just started spitting out random facts trying to avoid what he would probably ask about.

"Well, what's your home life like? Who do you live with exactly?"

I gulped knowing I was about to have a panic attack. I hated this topic a lot. Not only for the fact that I never found out who my parents were but also for the fact that I live with a person that I despise. "You will never be worth anything! You understand. You are nothing! I don't know why we took you in in the first place!" Horrible memories started playing through my head.