Chapter 8

Y/N's POV

Eventually it was time for me to go home. It was already 8:30 pm. I was getting tired as well. Mr.Stark and I both exchanged goodbyes as I left. I got in the car for Happy to take me to the place that was supposed to be my home. It was. It just never felt like it.

I sat in the backseat of the car staring out the window. The New York lights shining brightly in the night. Soon I arrived at the place I called home. It was already 9:00 pm. I'm sure Jen is going to flip out. "Night Happy." I said crawling out of the car.

"Night kid." He returned. Once I was completely out of the car he left.

I stood on the sidewalk hesitant to go up to the apartment. I knew that I would have to go up there so I started my walk up. Slowly but surely I got to the door. I slowly opened and walked inside. I looked around the living room and the kitchen. Nothing. There weren't any beer or wine bottles anywhere. It almost looked, clean.

It was a nice change of scenery to be completely honest. Although you could still smell the cigarette smoke. That would never go away. That's when I noticed. Jen. She wasn't here. That's a good thing. At least for now. I get to have some time to myself without her being up my ass. I swear, she needs to get her own ass.

I walked into my room and set my book bag on my chair. I didn't have any homework to since I already did it in the lab at the tower. I changed into some joggers and a hoodie. I've heard that you're not supposed to sleep in a hoodie because it's a choking hazard. But let's be honest, who knows someone that that's actually happened to.

I hopped into my bed and decided to go on my phone. I went on Instagram and scrolled through. Mr.Stark posted a picture of him and Pepper. I liked it and moved on. Everyone from school just posted their life and how it's 'horrible'. They should see mine. It's so annoying when people post about something that happens in their life because, to be honest, who really cares. A perfect example would be Flash's Instagram, god he acts like he's a famous youtuber or some shit.

Once I got overly annoyed with everyone's bs I logged off of Instagram. Even though I didn't have school tomorrow I still couldn't be here because of Jen. I picked out an outfit for tomorrow and laid it on my desk. That's when I heard the apartment door open.

Jen. "Y/N! Get in here!"

I complied, slowly walking into the living room. In front of me stood a very drunk Jen. What's new. She probably went to the bar because I wasn't here earlier.

"Where were you? I thought you would be back here at 7?" She interrogated.

"Ma'am I-I was at the internship." I replied.

Smack! Straight to the face. "I hope you know I don't really care." Smack! "The only reason you are under this roof right now is because you need to be taught how to respect." She smacked me a few more times and then stopped. My cheeks were burning. I stood there as still as possible as she walked away. She went into the kitchen and came back with a beer bottle.

She just sat down on the couch like she didn't just slap me almost 10 times. The cap to the bottle popped off and she began to drink more. A few minutes later I was still standing in the same spot. If I moved it would make the situation much worse. "Come here, now."

I walked over to Jen, keeping my head down. There was no way I could look her in the face. "Turn around." She ordered. I obeyed. Next thing I know the empty beer bottle is getting smashed into my back. That hurt like hurt butt cheek on a stick! Then I felt a hard shove. Small pieces of glass got shoved into my skin.

"You are so useless. Do you know that?" She sternly said. I had no choice but to reply.

"Yes ma'am. I know." I replied weakly. She got up and walked over.