Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! "Ughhhhhhh" I groaned as I slammed my hand down on my alarm. It's Friday, which means me and MJ are hanging out after school. I can't wait because we both agreed that we were gonna go to Delmars. I love Delmars, they have like the best sandwiches ever!

I got up from my bed and peeked out into the hallway. I didn't hear nor see anyone. The coast was clear. I hurried into the kitchen and got a cereal bar. I ran back to my room just in case the devil had appeared out of nowhere. I quickly ate the cereal bar and got clothes for the day.

What I picked out was some black leggings and my red hoodie. I put that on and grabbed my stuff. Until I heard Jen saying something in the living room. I bolted out of my room when I heard that. I got into the living room and she just evilly glared at me. I headed out of the apartment without her saying anything. Which was very weird because she always had a comment to make. Like "you'll never be good enough" or "you're such a waste of space". Those comments hurt, of course they did. I already knew all of that and it doesn't help when she just reminds me of it.

Today I decided to take the subway to school. I never took it unless I needed to but I just felt like taking it today for some reason. 20 minutes after I got on, and hearing babies crying and smelling stinky people, it was my stop.

I hopped off of the subway and walked I school. It had already been 7:40 but I was only a block away so I had time to get there still. I was still wondering about what the prize that Mr.Harrington mentioned was. He said something about it after the quiz and that was it. He never spoke of it again.

As I was about to walk into school I seen a very suspicious car on the curb. Not only did it look suspicious but rich and fancy too. I was super confused because I've never seen that car here at school in my life. I waved it out of my brain and carried on to my locker.

My morning was the same as always. I went to chem and it wasn't that bad. I mostly just drew random doodles onto a post it note. Until Mrs.Anderson seen me and threw it away. That made me a little upset for the fact that I was about to be done. But oh well, it's not important.

I got out of chem and went to my next class which was Advanced Spanish 2. It's not even hard. Sometimes I don't pay attention and then I get stuck on something but I always figure it out. After Spanish I had Computer Engineering which is one of my favorite classes. It has actually taught me a lot. Some stuff I didn't actually know yet, which was a bit different, but it was nice for a change.

Business came after and it was super boring. I don't even know why I'm in that class. I think I just got put in it because I am going to need a business credit to graduate. Finally came lunch. I didn't have anything to eat per usual. I walked over to the table that MJ and I always sit at and sat down.

A few moments later I heard, "Y/N Y/L/N please come to the office with your belongings." over the announcements. What did I do. I have no idea. I rushed out of the cafeteria and to my locker. I quickly snatched my book bag out of my locker and was on my way.

What the fuck did I do? I haven't done anything bad. At least I don't think I have. Maybe Flash told on me. God dammit. I thought. I opened up the door to the office and asked the secretary, "Um, I got called down to the office?"

"Are you Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Okay go down that hall to the left and the door to Mr.Morita."

"Okay, thank you." I politely thanked her. She just nodded her head. I was really scared. I didn't know what was gonna happen. What if I get a suspension. Jen will murder me! I lightly knocked on the door and heard the okay to come in.

As I slowly walk in I see no other than Tony Stark. "Holy Shit!" I muttered quietly. Mr.Stark just chuckled. My idol, the one man that I looked up to everyday. Was right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. "Y/N, why don't you come sit down." Mr.Morita snapped me out of my awestruck state as he asked.

I obeyed. "Sir, did I do something wrong?" I quietly asked. Mr.Stark turned to me with an astonished look on his face. "Wrong? You did everything right!" He said. I just looked over at him in confusion. "Y/N, do you remember when you had that quiz in your physics class, Wednesday? Well, that was actually a chance at getting a Stark Internship." Mr.Morita said.

I looked up at him and then over to Mr.Stark, then back at him. "Y/N, you got an 100% on that test. It was made by me. I even graded them all and everything. No one has ever got that high of a score." Stark spoke.

"Me, no th- that's impossible. I couldn't have done that good." I refused to believe what he was saying.

"But you did. I need some more interns with a brain like yours. So, you have been granted a spot as an intern at Stark Industries." Mr.Stark said with a grateful tone.

"But, I- I'm only 15."

"You turnin' me down?" He asked with a serious tone.

"No, no sir. I accept I'm just-"

"Surprised, astonished, amazed, astounded, flabbergasted." He said, cutting me off. I just looked at him annoyed but joyful.

"Well kid, ya ready? We got work to do."

"Oh, I- uh yeah." I stuttered.

We both stood up. He lightly slapped his hand on my shoulder. I flinched away. Fuck! That hurt like a buttcheek on a stick. I screamed in my mind. He glared at me confused but just let it go. He started walking out of the office as I slowly followed. "C'mon now, don't have me waiting all day." Mr.Stark said waiting for me to catch up.

I walked faster to catch up to him. I didn't even know where we were going. We got outside and I seen the car that I had seen earlier this morning again. It all made sense now. It was his car, no wonder it looked so fancy.

"Ya hungry kid?" He asked.

"Not really." I responded. Not even a second later my stomach growled. "Okay maybe a little." I admitted.

"You like cheeseburgers?"

"They're not bad"

"Okay sounds good. Hap take us to Burger King." Mr. Stark told the man.

"Yes boss." The man responded with.

It was an awkward car ride. More like very awkward. The guy in the front put up the little window dividing the front and back of the car. Which just left me and Mr.Stark in silence. Although I don't think, the man would've said anything either. Mr.Stark finally spoke up and said, "You don't have to be so tense kid."

I looked at him and realized I didn't even notice I was that tense. "Oh yeah, sorry."

"It's fine." He answered looking over and giving me a delicate smile. I shot a shy smile at him as well. Everything wasn't too bad. Until we got to Burger King.