Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

I bolted down the sidewalk on my way home hoping that I would make it in time even though I knew I wouldn't. I ran as fast as I could. I went up the stairs and got to my door. I hesitated to go in and the thought of running away came to mind. I know I couldn't do that because I wouldn't have anywhere to stay and I wouldn't have money to get food or anything that I needed.

There was no way. After I pushed that out of my mind I slowly opened the door. I quietly walk inside to see the devil staring at me. I felt a huge lump in my throat. "Where the fuck have you been?" Jen yells.

"I- I'm s- sorry."

"That's no excuse!"

I was staring at my feet only to look up for two seconds and see a beer bottle coming straight for me. I just stood there silently waiting for it to just hit me. Then crash! Right on my shoulder it hit me. It hurt like a son of a bitch.

"Go to your room! Now!" I sped to my room hoping that everything could just stop. I shut my door quietly because if I slammed it I would be doomed for life. In that moment I completely forgot that I had just got a beer bottle thrown at me. I looked down to see blood all over my shoulder with little pieces of glass sticking out.

That is gonna hurt to take out. I thought. I knew that I should do it now just so I can get it over with and it doesn't get infected or anything. I walk to the bathroom and find everything I need. I rinsed off my shoulder and cleaned around the wound. I got tweezers and started removing all of the glass from my shoulder. I wanted to cry and scream and just sit there and not have to deal with this. But I knew I couldn't. I had to be strong.

I finally got done pulling the glass out and got another wet washcloth. My shoulder was mostly dried blood but I knew I had to clean it up. I wiped up most of the blood with a washcloth. I grabbed the antibiotic cream that I always use because it actually works pretty well.

I have become really good at cleaning myself up after whatever happens, happens. My shoulder was still throbbing in pain and I couldn't help but shed a tear. I quickly wiped it away knowing that Jen would beat me even more if she saw I was crying. She didn't care how I felt.

She thought that is was my fault that Uncle Jake died. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. All I know is that I only have stayed this strong and stayed alive because I know Uncle Jake would want me to. He would want me to have a happy life. And my life definitely is not close to happy, but maybe something crazy will happen and I don't have to stay here anymore.

I don't know but I wrapped up my shoulder with the bandages that I hid. I walked out of the bathroom nervously hoping Jen didn't see me. I got to my room and shut the door. My phone kept buzzing and I didn't know why. Until I looked at it. MJ was calling me. MJ never calls me. I answered it. "MJ? You alright?"

"Yea, I'm fine I just wanted to know what you were doing Friday?" She asked.

"Nothing special, just sitting at home probably."

"Okay, cool wanna hangout?"

"Sure, what time?"

"After school good for you?"

"Yea that should be fine."

"Okay bye Y/N."

"Bye MJ."

That was a little weird, but whatever. I guess it'll be fun. Oh well, all I know is that I cannot sleep on this shoulder tonight. That would hurt.  A lot.

I should really start my homework. So I pull out my physics notebook and start. I only had that for homework which was very surprising. For some reason it's just a bunch of review but I'm not complaining.