Part 5

The Child

Monkey king slowly woke up, yawning and stretching out. He glanced around him. Macaque was asleep on the ground, snoring quietly and tail flicking around.

Monkey king smiled. His smile stopped quickly as he let out a light chirp in surprise. He felt something grab his tail.

He turned around quickly snd saw a small lizard creature, a small patch of fur covering its back as it snuggled in a blanket and slept quietly, holding onto his tail.

Right. The child he took in yesterday during the storm. He smiled and curled his tail around the child, pulling it closer.

Monkey king turned and nuzzled the child, purring slightly.

He heard a chuckle and he turned his head. Macaque was up and had his shirt off. Monkey king could see it was drying outside on a wire.

"Didn't take you to like children. Even with how you trained Mk-"

"You don't bring Mk's training into this." Monkey king growled.

"I just find it funny how Mk sticks with you after all that you have said! Especially all those lies..."

Monkey king growled and his tail slowly unwrapped from the child. He jumped onto macaque who yelled hit growled back.

Both wrestled on the ground, growling louder than the other in a sign of Dominance.

A small yawn made both monkeys stop. Both looked at the now awake lizard child. Leek.

"Hm?" Leek looked at the two monkeys and yawned. "What are you doing?" Leek mumbled.

Monkey king got off of macaque and shrugged. "Nothing you need to know of! Don't worry about it!"

Leek yawned again but nodded. "Okay..."

Macaque got up and brushed himself off. "Anyways...Kid, how did you get here?" Macaque squatted down and stared at Leek.

Leeks tail thumped and he thought for a moment, shrugging. "I don't know. Some people took me and I was in some weird abandoned place. I got out through an opening in the abandoned place and found it to be some old abandoned warehouse."

Monkey king and Macaque stared at the child. "I didn't think he would have such a long vocabulary- especially for a kid-"

"My father taught me a lot of big words! Most I didn't think I could pronounce so well!"

Monkey king blinked. "Okayyy..."

"Do you know your species kid?" Macaque got slightly closer to leek. "It could probably help with finding your parents easier."

Leek thought again and smiled. "Shadowling!"

Monkey king and macaque looked at each other. "Isn't that the name of those creatures that live in the realm we are going to?"

Macaque slowly nodded. "Yes? So how did he get here?-"

"Again! I was taken by some weirdos and I was in some weird abandoned warehouse! We are next to a village to!"

"Yes we know that but the realm was told to be close off right?" Monkey king seemed very confused.

Macaque nodded and got up. "Yes...But if he was taken, then whoever did it had a way there, so if we can find out where those things are-"

"We can get that item and use it to get there quicker! I'm a genius!- Be glad I'm here!" Monkey king smirked.

Macaque rolled his eyes. "Sure..." Macaque looked at the child. "Can you show us the warehouse?"

Leek nodded. "Yeah! It isn't to far from here!" Leek crawled on the cave floor and went outside, waiting for them. "Come on!"

Macaque and Monkey king quickly packed their things up, following Leek out of the cave.

.

.

.

A feminine figure walked through the long and white futuristic halls.
She stopped and turned to her left, appearing at a large white tainted glass door.

She opened it up to a large bedroom. The kings bedroom.

"Sir?" She called out in a soft tone. Her ears twitched slightly.

She got no response. She growled out and her ears twitched more. "Sir I know you're in here. Stop hiding. You have a meeting today!-"

"I don't want to go." A voice spoke, a tired yet cold voice.

She looked around then at the ceiling. On one of the wooden bars that held the roof up, was a large creature with horns and a long tail. Claws slowly dug into the wooden bar.

"Sir. You have to, it's The ruler of Hell Keeps? One of many kings from HHP?"

"HH- Wha?" The figure slowly came down from the wooden bar, landing on all fours and looking down at the lady.

"HillitHell Peaks? It's something the guards made up...A shorter way to say it- anyways- He is already in the meeting room."

"Again I'm not going. I want-" The lady cut him off.

"Your son. Yes we know. We will find him sir I promise, we don't have many leads yet but-"

"EXACTLY!" He roared and punched the thick wall beside him. A large hole went through it and half way to the other side.

The lady sighed. "Please sir. We will find your child. I promise. Please..." she adjusted her glasses. "It's been about a day sir, we can't simply know yet. Your knights are searching the area for any clues. Right now you stay strong. That's what your child would want, he wouldn't want you sitting around and moping all day."

The large creature sighed and nodded, slowly crouching down and going to the lady's level. "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine sir. Just focus and relax, we are going to find him and those people who ever thought of taking your child."

"Yes...Thank you. I am sorry for how I'm acting-"

The lady shook her head and smiled. "It's okay sir. Now come on. He's waiting for you."

The large figure nodded and headed down to the meeting room.

He went down a long flight of stairs and to the entrance of the palace. He went up another flight of stairs before coming through another set of doors.

A large bull with four horns and a flaming long mane stared at the larger creature, huffing.

The larger creature huffed and sat across from them. The flaming bull growled quietly. "Hello Cosmic."

Cosmic nods. "Hello...Now what did you want to-"

"I know where your son is. The same creatures took my son. We saw them escape to a portal to the human realm..."

Cosmic's eyes widened. "What?"