Part 15

Learning of others

Tang looked down at his book, flipping through it then closing it up and moving it to the side.

He looked to his right. The Shadowling and Flaming creature on the seats, eating the food Pigsy gave them.

Dex was currently dousing his bowl of noddles with hot sauce, tasting it then putting more in.

"That's a lot of hot sauce Dex...are you sure you can eat that?" Tang smiled and chuckled at this, watching him almost finish the bottle.

Dex opened the cap of the bottle and nodded his head. "Duh! I'm the prince of HillitHell Peaks, The sinner peak Kingdom! And I'm a flare! I can handle this!"

Dex poured the last of the hot sauce into the bowl, laughing evilly and putting the bottle on the table.

He grabbed the bowl and opened his mouth, letting the food go down his throat.

He lightly choked but continued to devour the spicy noodles and soup. Leek had pat his back and slowly put the bowl down.

"Be careful...You can choke and hurt yourself..." Tang muttered and also pat his back.

Dex looked at Tang and hummed, a few noddles hanging from his mouth. He quickly slurped those up.

"I won't choke! I can eat it!" Dex looked at pigsy. "Can I get another bowl please?"

"You're still hungry?" Pigsy turned and stared at Dex who only nodded.

"Alright then" Pigsy turned back and went to preparing some noodles for Dex, and a bowl for leek.

Leek watched him work, chopping ingredients, working the noodles, making it all look perfect.

Is this what humans would always do? Or- creatures that live in this world do?

"Yeah...Pigsy makes everything his noddles by hand..." Tang smiled and watched pigsy for a few moments, then glancing at leek.

"I said that out loud..." leek sighed and whined quietly. "Sorry..."

"You have nothing to be sorry for Leek. Honest! You are just curious!" Tang smiled.

Leek also smiled and nods.

It was quiet for a few minutes, only the sound of Dex eating the remains of the food and Pigsy continuing to make the soup could be heard.

Leek then spoke up. "So...What do you humans do? Like...Jobs?" Leek lays his head on the table and looked at Tang.

Tang smiled again at leek and opened his mouth to speak.

"There are lots of jobs here, to many to list off! For kids your age you can do small things like being hired by someone as a babysitter, you would watch their kids. Or you could mow somebody's lawn. In return they pay you."

"But being an adult, it's a bit different. You mostly fill out information on a piece of paper and you do interviews so you can get a job. Some jobs require if you had some experience, which sucks a lot, but it's how most run their businesses..."