Part 11

Troubling Afternoon

"What's wrong Monkey king? Why did you want to talk to me in private?" Tang followed Monkey king away from the shop, going to a market.

"Just uh..." Monkey king looked around, tail swishing on the ground and his ears flickered. "we can walk and talk..." he walked off to a stand, looking at the different fruits.

Tang nodded and followed Monkey king. "So what is it?-"

Monkey king cut him off, taking a fruit and looking at Tang. "It's about the book."

"Oh..." Tang looked away. "If you want the book back you can-"

"No! I don't want the book. I gave it to you because I thought you'd like it- and it would keep you occupied or whatever. But...That kid...The lizard?" Monkey king went to another stall, looking at a necklace.

"That lizard kid is a shadowling. That is in your book correct?"

Tang looked down at his book and flipped through the pages. He stopped at one page.

.

.

.

ShijKong created Shadowlings, one of his first ever species he made.

They had 3 main abilities when fully grown. Speed, invisibility and shapeshifting.

Shadowlings can developer these powers when they become adults.

The creatures can shapeshift into different animals and people. They have to look closely at the creature or person. It's patience and practice to get it right.

Speed is something that comes around their teenage years. It's the same age of driving a car for them. They take test of skill for agility and flexibility as they would be going at a fast rate when they first start and may come across difficult obstacles.

The last one is invisibility. These creatures don't always use invisibility but when the first leaders were around, it was used for stealth or to hide.
Most don't have this ability since it isn't used anymore, but very few do.

.

.

.

Tang flipped through the book some more. Why was monkey king so worried- oh...now he sees...

.

.

.

The war went on for many years, hundreds of years.
It was between the 7 shadowling leaders and Muqin Hunluan.
Both sides were very wise and powerful, but their power caused many to loose lives and homes.

Muqin had something up her sleeve. Something that would change the war.
She had called upon the dead.

It was an amulet she created from the deep depths of
The world. Obsidian, Dark matter, avoid blobs, and Cosmic dust.
It was called the Amulet of Rising Souls.