Part 6

The New Friend

Leek held onto Monkey king tight. Arms were wrapped securely around him from behind. Those arms being from macaque.

"Shouldn't we go on the ground!?" Leek yelled.

Monkey king laughed. "Trust me kid it's easier this way!"

"But I don't know my way from here!!" Leek yelled again. He had flinched and squeezing Monkey King tight when he heard thunder in the distance.

"Again? What's with the weather here..." macaque mumbled and his tail wrapped around Leek protectively.

"I think it's the warm weather-" Leek squeaked out.

"Yeah I know Leek." Macaque rolled his eyes.

Monkey king quickly stopped. He could see a building a little far away. Monkey kings eyes slowly turned gold, looking at the place slightly closer. "Hey leek. Do you remember there being a clearing around it? And possibly some really old looking pillars near it?"

Leek nodded. "Y-Yeah! That's the place!"

Monkey king smirked. "Okay hang on!" With one motion a large burst of energy shot out, the cloud going much faster than before towards the abandoned structure.

Leek squeezed Monkey king, close to breaking a rib. Monkey king didn't seem to mind.

The cloud stopped at the ground and Monkey king pat Leeks head. Macaque quickly got off and looked around the place.

"K-Kid- my ribs-" Monkey a king wheezed and pat Leeks head again.

Leek quickly let go. "Sorry! I don't like heights...-"

Monkey king caught his breath but smiled at Leek. "It's okay kid...Don't worry- somebody else here is also afraid of heights~" Monkey king cooed and smirked at Macaque.

"You-" Macaque growled and was about to summon a clone of his. It didn't come out.

"What?-" Macaque mumbled.

"Awww your powers not working?~" Monkey king laughed and laid on the cloud. The cloud quickly disappeared and Monkey king fell on the ground. "Hey!-"

Macaque and Monkey king looked confused. Monkey king tried using his golden vision. Nothing.
Macaque tried to summon his staff. Nothing either.

Leek looked at the pillars and at the large warehouse in front of them. "Maybe it's the pillars? Maybe they cancel out some sort of magic from the outside? Or everywhere?"

"What? But what kind of magic would be able to do that?" Monkey king shot up and looked at the pillars. There was ancient writing on the pillars. "Can you read this?-"

Macaque cackled and shoved Monkey king out of the way. "The great sage can't read?~" Macaque laughed again and looked at the writing.

"I can't read it either...Some other ancient language..." Macaque growled and backed up.

Leek blinked. "You guys can't read....Shadow?- oh no it's Flare language!-" Leek read through it and nodded. Both monkeys were in shock.
"Yeah it says something about the pillars knocking out magic! Also there's some pictures to!"