Part 8

Back to Square one

Leek and Dex yawned, rubbing their tired eyes and cuddling close to each other.

Both children were tired from the long walk. It was like walking in a big amusement park. So much curiosity around the park but tired feet that will soon give out.

Leeks tail thumped around quietly.

Macaque was cooking up some fish again. His shirt was off and scarf which exposed his slightly red neck and large chest.

Dex stared at Macaques neck. "Do you need any help with the mark?-"

Macaque growled quietly. "No kid. I'm fine. Just that demons tail..."

"That's why I want to-" a shadow clone popped out from the ground and covered Dex's mouth.

"No." Macaque growled again. "Stop asking kid."

"I- I am not a kid either..." Dex muttered but the clone kept his hand on his mouth.

Leek didn't pay attention and yawned again, laying on the clone and humming. "You're warm?...Nice..."

The clone stiffened and was confused. Dex shrugged and also laid on the clone.

Macaque chuckled and took one of the fishes off, slightly opening it to check if it's fine. He saw the fish meat still needed to be cooked. He put the fish back on the cook and looked at the two sleeping kids.

They now have two kids who both know each other. It'll be much easier to find where they come from then. They may come from the same place. Hopefully.

Macaque heard the sound of laughter and looked outside. A slightly beat up Monkey king flew into the cave, hopping off the cloud before it hit the wall.

He had a strange diamond like item in his hold, and a dark blue box.

Monkey king put the diamond and box down, sitting across from macaque.

"What's got you so excited?" Macaque raised a brow and poked at the fish.

Monkey king took one of the fish and bit into it, slightly coughing as it was still hot. "Ow!- uh- I think I found the things we need!" Monkey king chuckled and smiled.

Macaque only nods and stared at the eaten fish. "You know that is cooked halfway right?"

Monkey king shrugs. "Uhhhh...- it's fine!"

Leek and Dex woke up, looking at Monkey king and jumping on him.
"You're back!" Leek giggled and squeezed him tight.

Monkey king coughed and slightly wheezed, patting leeks head. "H-Hey bud- for you have a- agh!- strong grip!"

Leek quickly let go. Dex laughed. "Sorry!" Leek quickly apologized and whined.

Monkey king pat his head again. "You're okay kid..." monkey king looked at the flaming boy who was now near macaque and touching his tail.

Macaque growled at Dex every time he tried to touch his tail. "Kid..."

"What? It's interesting seeing another being WITH a tail."