Part 9

Feelings and cuddles

Leek and Dex are cuddled up to Macaque on the couch. Macaque let out a low purr every so often.

Monkey king was up the entire night. He had to keep the poor things calm and stayed up all night doing so.
He can remember all of it so clearly. It reminded him of how Mk was, or, still is when he stays over for the night at his cabin.

.

.

.

Leek whimpered, shivering and holding Dex close to him.
Dex was awake, his flames flickering and dancing around. Dex remembered everything before passing out. It still lightly freaked him out with what happened.

"Hey guys..." Macaque came into the living room with a plate of barbecued meat and some white rice. On the side was green beans.

"You both okay?" Macaque spoke quietly and sat beside them on the couch, putting the plate on the dining table.

"WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FANCY HERE?!" Monkey king yelled from upstairs.

Macaque rolled his eyes and ignored him. "But-"

"Not fine. It was scary...I-I thought I would die! Or get badly injured!" Leek hissed out and held Dex closer.

Dex sighed and nodded. "I agree with my friend...We aren't okay after that...How can one not be afraid of something as terrifying as that?" Dex mumbled out and yawned, cuddling closer to Leek.

Macaque nods. "I do understand that. You guys are only children. We just..." Macaque sighed. "We didn't think it would just- bring us back and- we dragged you both in...And possibly traumatized you..."

Leek and Dex just nodded. Leek looked away, his ears going down. "Sorry...I...I did this didn't I? You guys would've been able to go and complete whatever mission you had. But...I-I got in the way. If I weren't there- If I just payed attention. If I..." leek whimpered and curled into himself.

"No kid-" macaque mumbled.

"It's my fault...If I didn't just trust what they said...If I didn't follow and get mad at my own parents- They wanted me to marry some person I don't even know!- " Dex whined and his flamed flickered more and glowed even more. "...I wouldn't be here...I'm just a drag for you guys-"

Macaque lightly growled. "Don't. Ever. Say. That." He pulled the two kids in for a hug.

Both kids hugged Macaque tight.

Macaque huffed and wrapped his tail around them both. "Never ever say those things about yourself. I can't stand to see such young minds get corrupted like this...Especially the one I take care of..."

"She- was used by somebody powerful. She was so afraid when she was free, but I offered to take care of her. She's like my child..." macaque shakily sighed.

"She reminds me of how she first was before being...Happy..." Macaque had a tear roll down his cheek. "She doubted herself, She saw herself as the failure, blaming herself for being there in that time and not doing anything-"