Part 10

New friends

Mk yawned and slowly opened up his eyes. He got up and stretched out, feeling his back pop. He hummed and ruffled his messy hair.

He looked at his alarm clock. It was 12:22PM, already lunch time.

Mk would have expected to see Red son cleaning his mess of a room or Mei on her phone on the couch, or both still asleep.

He didn't expect to see Mayor staring at him from the foot of his bed.

"AHHHHH!-"

"MAYOR! LEAVE MK ALONE!" Pigsy shouted from upstairs. Mayor lightly flinched and backed up.

Mk fell off his bed and groaned in pain. He got up and rubbed his head. "Why were you watching me sleep?"

Mayor shrugged. "Your dreams are weird fantasies-"

"OKAY- Let's not say those things out loud!" Mk chuckled and his laugh turned into a more nervous one.

"And why out of all places for a romantic dinner it's the beach?-"

"B-Beaches are pretty okay?!" Mk whispered. He went over to his closet and pulled out some clothes. He looked at mayor who stared at him.

"Hey- I need to change...could you- go back to Sandy or..." Mk looked away.

Mayor nodded. "Yes..." Mayor slowly walked out, glancing at him one more time. "Yesterday, I saw people would be here. New people. I don't know who." Mayor quickly left the room before Mk could ask anything.

Mk just shook his head and went into the bathroom. He undressed and turned the shower on, feeling the start to make sure it's warm.

He steps inside and let the water slowly drip down his body. He thought of what Mayor said.

New people? He doesn't even know who they are!

Ever since that demon has been gone...Mayor has been acting weird. He is so calm, So lost, ever since she had been gone. And what's with this new dream stuff- and how did he know he was dreaming about that?!
Some new ability?!

Mk heard a knock on the door to the bathroom.

"Mk! It's Monkey king! It's been 2 hours! Are you dead?!" Monkey king shouted from outside of the door.

"Uh- Y-Yeah sorry!- I'm coming out!" Mk shouted back and turned the shower off. He quickly dried himself and put his clothes on.

He came out and smiled, seeing monkey king sitting on his bed.

"Hey Mk! How's my successor doing?" Monkey king opened up his arms. Mk ran to him and gave him a tight hug.

"You're back from your trip!- We have so much to talk about!-"

"Well kid you have to tell me later because uh...we have guest!" Monkey king smiled nervously at Mk. Mk blinked.

"This is what Mayor meant?-"

"Wait what?-"

Mk shook my head. "Uh- SO- who are these new people?" Mk quickly walked out of the room, pushing Monkey king.

"Okay..." Monkey king mumbled, letting Mk push him out of the room. "And you'll see them...They're in the shop."

.

.

.

Mei giggled and watched the Leek, Dex and Lily talk about some random tv show, saying who's the best character.