.3.

"Are you on shift at all today?" Opal calls out from the bathroom as she brushes her teeth.

Chris sits up in the bed, pushing himself back against the headboard. "Nope. I'm all yours," he tells her. He stretches his arms above his head, arching his back as well before rolling his neck. "That is, if you'll have me."

Opal pops her head out of the bathroom. "Wanna go see the property I made an offer on?"

"Definitely," he replies with a smile. "So, does Laura know why you're up here?"

She walks out of the bathroom, already fully dressed for the day. A pair of olive green jeggings with a burnt orange top will work perfectly for her plans of the day. "No. I kind of dodged all of those questions. I think I left her thinking I came up specifically for you."

"She's gonna be pleasantly surprised," Chris says as Opal comes closer to his bed. She's actually reaching for her earrings and necklace off of the nightstand between the two beds. But to him, it's an opportunity to have her close again. He leans up a bit, grabbing her by her hips before pulling her onto his lap.

"Oh!" she yelps in surprise. "Hi," she giggles as his lips touch hers tenderly.

"Morning, gorgeous," he greets her. "When did you sneak out of bed?"

Opal fakes frustration. "You mean you slept all night without me and didn't even notice? I see where I stand."

"Hang on, hang on. You didn't sleep next to me?"

"No, I did not," she answers him before climbing off of his lap.

"And pray tell, why the hell not?" Chris asks, slinging his legs off the bed.

"As much as I wanted to, I didn't need to." She shrugs her shoulders, going back to her earlier task of putting on her earrings. "I actually got a great six hours straight."

Chris narrows his eyes, watching her movements. "I take it that's an accomplishment for you?"   He pulls her to stand between his still jean clad legs.

"You have no idea." She leans down pressing a soft kiss to the tip of his nose before carding her fingers through his adorable bedhead. "Do you want to run home and pick me up when you're done or what?"

"If I had known you weren't sleeping with me I'd have slept in my boxers." His hands run along her sides. "Do you have any idea how uncomfortable sleeping in jeans can be?"

"Didn't seem to bother you since you didn't realize I wasn't even in the bed, Christopher." She nudges his chest with her fingers, a brow quirked.

"Shouldn't that make you happy that I'm not use to having another body in my bed?"

Opal puts her hands over her ears and starts humming. "I don't need to know what extracurriculars you had while we were apart. La, La, La," she continues, trying to back away from him in a joking manner. But really, it's to guard her heart, because it would only be her own fault if someone had warmed his bed while she was too busy drowning in self doubt and pity.

Chris doesn't let her go so easily, pulling her hard against him. "Ope," he says calmly. She continues to ignore him, continuously humming. "Opal!" he calls out louder before grasping her wrists, pulling her hands away.

Opal looks down at him, a sigh escaping her lips. "There have been zero extracurricular activities," he informs her. "Scouts honor," he holds up one hand. She bends down a bit to place a delicate kiss to his lips. "Unless you count that one time when Cooper was drunk."

Her eyes go wide as she gasps. Chris can't help but lose it, a bellowing laugh escaping his chest. "I'm kidding, baby! I'm kidding." She shoves his chest hard enough to push him backwards on the bed. "You should've seen your face," he laughs out.