.19.

The sun was barely beginning its ascent into the sky as the plane landed in Pennsylvania. Chris and Opal both attempted sleep through the late night, one way flight but to much of both their disappointment neither had been overly successful.

When Opal would fall asleep, Chris would watch her. Memories of moments throughout their relationship flicker through his mind, relief washing over him that they'd finally come to this point.

A marriage.

He was unsure if there would ever be another moment in his life in which he'd feel this kind of love. It had always been almost an unnerving feeling to him. This love he had for Opal. Something he'd never truly felt, always wanted, but was completely unsure if he'd ever really find it. And yet he'd found it in a girl that was dressed in a t-shirt adorned with the label "Maid of Dishonor" when they'd first met.

But she was anything but.

In the few moments that they both slept at the same time, they'd be curled into one another the best that the tin can would allow them to be. Still a part of them touching one another, almost out of fear that this would slip away if they weren't holding onto each other.

When Opal would be awake she'd look out of the window, Chris' light snores the melody to her own thoughts. She'd let a stray tear fall every now and then as she would silently wish that Pops had been able to witness the day, and all those yet to come if she were completely honest with herself.

But then Chris would shift his leg, her hand still resting in his own, his thumb mindlessly touching against the wedding ring that once belonged to her grandmother, while he still slept soundly. It brought her back, reminding her that Pops helped build what she and Chris had now, and laid the foundation for what will become.

He was a grander part of their marriage than anyone could really comprehend.

As the plane lands, Chris brings Opal's hand to his lips, pulling her from watching the sunrise out of the window. "How are you feeling?"

She takes a deep breath, the sigh escaping her a cross between contentment and exhaustion. A tired smile graces her lips at his words. "Happy," she whispers before leaning further into him, her lips finding his cheek.

Chris hums in agreement before helping her unbuckle, then himself. He grabs their carry on before offering his hand to help her up from the seat. "Let's see how much happier I can make you now," he smirks, his eyes bright.

Opal POV

My eyes flutter open while my body aches from pure fatigue over the last couple of days leading up to the surprise wedding. I can feel the soft pillow under my heavy head, the weight of a thick blanket covering my body before I notice that I'm still dressed in the leggings and sweater I wore on the plane ride.

I try to think back to the airport, and the trip up the mountain to the cabin. And then I realize that the last thing I can remember is Chris putting our rental car in drive before his hand found my thigh.

My eyes instinctively roll as I realize I fell asleep once in the comfort of the car and the fact that we were alone. I'm also guessing Chris must have carried me inside from the car because I can't even recall what the outside, or inside for that matter, of the cabin looks like.

But in almost an instant I finally take note of the strong hand that's resting across my stomach, sending my heart into a quiver. It's also then that I notice his breath against my neck as he exhales in his sleep.

This may very well be what perfect feels like.

And yet, my stomach decides to remind me that we haven't eaten since dinner after the ceremony. I silently pray he's tired enough to remain asleep as I begin to slip out of the bed with such carefulness for fear of waking him.