.10.

Opal POV

I stayed the night at the apartment after Chris' family went back to their hotel. We'd decided it was time for us to celebrate Christmas Day together from start to finish.

I snuck into the kitchen, somehow not waking up the sleeping man on the couch, covered up with the Patriots blanket I had given him last Christmas. I move quietly around the kitchen grabbing up four eggs to scramble along with bacon. In hopes of keeping the noise level lower I decide to cook the bacon in the oven while I worked on scrambling eggs and making toast.

I finally get to a point where I could start my favorite part of the morning: coffee. I start the Keurig, grabbing up my pumpkin coffee that he's kept in stock for me ever since my first trip here over a year ago. His thoughtfulness has not been lost on me for one moment since the first time we met, remembering how he offered to let me sit in his cruiser the night of the concert.

Once my cup is finished, I set it aside to make Chris' cup. While it brews I plate up the simple breakfast, setting it on the table, along with the mugs once they're prepared. A glance at the couch reveals he hasn't stirred a single bit, to the point I'm concerned about whether or not he's breathing.

"Chris," I whisper standing at one end of the couch. I nudge his socked feet that stick out from under the blanket but get no reaction. One arm rests behind his head, the other on his stomach. I take a couple steps closer, "Chris," I speak a little louder, leaning in.

I squeal in surprise when his arms reach out, grabbing me and pulling me swiftly onto his chest. "Merry Christmas, Ope," he laughs out, already tickling at my sides.

"Oh, ow, stop!" I giggle, unable to form any other words for the moment. He stops his assault, reaching up and grabbing my face, the assault now coming from his lips onto mine. "Much better," I sigh between kisses. "I made breakfast."

"I know, I watched."

"I believe that's called stalker behavior, Sergeant." I push myself off of his chest, sitting on the edge of the sofa. "We've talked about this."

"I call it watching my sexy fiancee make the first of many Christmas morning breakfasts. I didn't want to miss the inaugural show."

Standing up, I turn around to help get him off the couch. "I expect help next year."

"I guarantee you'll get more than you ask for next year," he gives me a wink, taking my hand in his to stand up. "Merry Christmas, Ope." He pushes my hair away from my face, our lips meeting once more.

"Merry Christmas, Sergeant."

Once we've prepared for the day we set up my computer, opening up the Zoom call, waiting for our friends to join with the link we sent them. We'd sent them each a Christmas card, but told them they weren't allowed to open them until we could all 'be together' on Christmas Day.

Rae and Anthony are the first to jump on. Sweet baby Giovanni sitting in his mama's lap. "G baby!" Chris calls out, the little boy looking back at him through the camera. "You're getting big my man."

"Say, Papa Chris I'm five months old now." Rae holds the little boys hand up, his tiny little fingers reaching out towards the screen.

"I miss you mister," I tell him, feeling all kinds of sentimental in the fact that I'm not with them today.

Another image pops up, revealing Lily. "Where's Jameson, Lils?" Chris asks. But before she can answer another square pops up with Jameson in uniform sitting in the locker room of the precinct.

"Christmas shift," Lily answers, pouting.

"Just a couple more hours, babe. You've got your mom and dad with you."