♯ 𝟬𝟯 the kitchen workers

ANYONE ELSE
chapter three ━━ the kitchen workers

✸  ANYONE ELSE chapter three ━━ the kitchen workers

JULIE WOULDN'T EXACTLY consider herself a drinker

JULIE WOULDN'T EXACTLY consider herself a drinker. Sure, she sometimes liked to let loose and have fun with her friends, and she drank at least two beers the night before, but she wasn't even seventeen yet. If it hadn't been for the trip to Europe she had with her mother (where she met fourteen- and fifteen-year-old's who drank more than her), she probably would have been a sober-until-I'm-legal kinda girl.

Therefore, her mind had still been completely clear when the police had shown up at the beach, ready to break apart the party.

Her first though had been to find Jeremiah, but Steven had been one step ahead of her, and already got the younger boy in the back of the car. Her next though had been Isabel, but she had once again been overtaken as an unknown boy with dark, curly hair had his hand intertwined with the younger girl as she led them towards the car.

They hadn't been quick enough, though, because the five teens found themselves escorted home by the police, where a fuming Laurel awaited them.

After being sent to bed, Julie, despite being exhausted from the day, twisted and turned in her bed. She groaned when she once again got the urge to switch from her side to her stomach, and instead decided to leave the bed.

The floorboards creaked beneath her sock clad feet as she quietly made her way down the rounded stairs.

At the bottom, she turned around to the door leading outside, and slowly pushed it open, walking down the stone stairs. The only light illuminating her path was the moonlight shining above, but the blonde still gracefully pulled her socks off her feet and slipped them into the cold water of the dark pool. The water in the pool almost mirrored the sky above her, but she didn't mind the dark.

A creaking on the terrace behind her made her turn around, spotting the silhouette of her older brother crouching down beside her.