♯ 𝟭𝟳 thank you for being here

✸  ANYONE ELSE
chapter seventeen ━━ thank you for being here

✸  ANYONE ELSEchapter seventeen ━━ thank you for being here

EVERYBODY HAVE TOLD themselves at least once—and probably way more than that—that this day must have been the worst day of their lives

In that moment, Julie didn't think, that this must have been the worst day of her life; she knew that this was the worst day she had ever experienced.

Laying in her bed in complete silence was an unusual activity for her. Normally, she would listen to music in a moment like this, but right now, no music could help her.

She was staring at the ceiling, contemplating the day. So many things had happened so fast. She went from having the time of her life to having a terrible breakdown.

When they had gotten home, Laurel had taken Isabel and Steven upstairs to the girl's room, trying to give the family some space.

Julie almost wished they didn't. Sitting in the living room with her mother and brothers while they all were crying like they had never cried before wasn't something she had ever wanted to experience. The memory of sitting in between Conrad and her mother as they sat together on the couch was forever going to haunt her. She had never seen her mother so sad. So broken.

She wasn't going to be able to fall asleep like that. Her mind was running with thoughts, and she just needed a feeling of comfort. The thought of going to Steven's room hadn't crossed her mind until she opened her door, finding him on the other side.

All she wanted to do was to hide in his arms.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

STEVEN HADN'T BEEN able to stop thinking about Julie after he had left her earlier. He had never seen her as sad as she was when she found out.

He had just wanted to hold her in arms and shield her from everything.

His mind couldn't get rest before he knew she was okay. He had needed to check up on her.

Quietly making his way out to the hall, he walked the short way down to Julie's room.

He went to open the door, but just before he had the opportunity, it was opened from the inside, and to his surprise, he found the girl just on the other side.

"Julie," his voice was just above a whisper, and when he saw her teary eyes, he instantly held out his arms.

She didn't hesitate for a moment before walking into the embrace, clinging tightly onto him.

When he felt her shake a little, he immediately pulled her even closer, lifting her slightly to move her to her bed.

She sniffed slightly, burying her face deeper into his chest. He sighed before kissing her head gently.

"I love you." His voice was soft and she leaned even more into him upon hearing the words.

"I love you too," Her voice cracked slightly. In that moment, she felt like she wasn't sure of anything. Everything had been turned upside down, but somehow, she still felt sure about that. She loved him. "Thank you." She hesitated slightly before continuing. "Thank you for being here."

He chuckled bitterly, kissing her head again, a bit firmer than last time. "Of course." He inhaled the smell of her, resting his head on top of hers. "Don't ever think that I wouldn't be here."

She mumbled something incoherent, too tired to hold a conversation, and snuggled even deeper into him.

"I love you so much. I love you so, so much." He whispered into her hair. She was already asleep, but he continued either way. "I've never loved someone as I love you. I really, really love you."

edited
foolish one was actually written just so i could relate to it