♯ 𝟭𝟲 we deserved to know

✸  ANYONE ELSE
chapter sixteen ━━ we deserved to know

✸  ANYONE ELSEchapter sixteen ━━ we deserved to know

SOMETIMES, EVERYTHING FEELS wrong and out of place

SOMETIMES, EVERYTHING FEELS wrong and out of place. Sometimes, you get awaken and get a real view of life. A view of how cruel it truly can be.

Everyday, you live in a daydream, thinking everything is fine. You think nothing bad can hit you. It never has before, so why now?

You know it's real; you know some people are suffering, you just never thought it'd be you. You never even imagined you would be the person people told pity stories about.

For some reason, it has to be someone though. So why couldn't it be you?

She had just gone looking for Jeremiah. They had realised that he was gone when the time for couple dances came up, and he didn't stand ready to dance with Belly.

She had internally punched him. This might have been the only chance he was going to get with Isabel, and now he was ruining it.

"Where is he?" Steven had volunteered to help her find him, but they were having no luck.

"He's just gone. Why would he leave like that?" Julie was beyond confused, it didn't feel like him to just go.

"Maybe he went to get some air?" Steven made his way to the door and opened it slightly, peeking outside. "Jules?" The sudden change in his voice made Julie walk quickly towards him.

Reaching the door, she immediately looked out, spotting her younger brother.

Steven made a move to join the younger boy outside, but Julie caught his arm before he could.

"Maybe I should talk to him?" Her voice was soft, a nervous tint to the edge, and he immediately obeyed, giving her a soft kiss, before walking inside again, meeting the others with a smile.

"Jere?" She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, and he turned to look at her with red eyes. "What happened?" Her voice was laced with concern.

"I- you- mom-" he choked back a sob, struggling to put together a sentence, and she gently guided him to sit down.