♯ 𝟮𝟵 you make me crazier

ANYONE ELSE
chapter twenty-nine ━━ you make me crazier

✸  ANYONE ELSEchapter twenty-nine ━━ you make me crazier

          THEY DECIDED TO take split up once they were inside

THEY DECIDED TO take split up once they were inside. Belly, Taylor, and Skye went for snacks, while Conrad, Jeremiah, Cameron, and Julie and Steven went to find a place to sleep.

They had quickly split up, leaving Steven and Julie alone to roam the empty halls.
"It's a bit creepy, don't you think?" Steven asked as they looked around the empty building.

"Yeah," Julie nodded in answer.

They continued down the hall with slow steps.

"Maybe in here?" Steven questioned as they reached a door that led into a big room.

Julie stepped up next to him to look, and shrugged before moving inside.

"Maybe?" She hesitated.

They walked further into the room, looking around as they went.

"Hey, look at this," Steven exclaimed. "It looks just like the one I wore to your Prom."

"Yeah, it does," she smiled at the memory.

"Do you remember it?" He asked.

That was a stupid question, because how could she ever forget that memory. It had been one of the best nights of her life.

10 MONTHS EARLIER

For Julie, senior prom was the one thing she had looked forward to for all four years of high school. It was supposed to be the perfect night with the perfect date, and for once in her life, Julie had that. She felt like her life was a part of a movie when Steven pulled into their driveway.

He smiled at her and held her waist while her mother took thousands of pictures of the couple along with Jeremiah and his date.

He had brought her a corsage with a pink carnation—her favourite flower—and gently put it around her wrist.

When it was time for them to leave, he declined Jeremiah's offer of driving together, and instead drove them in his brand new car, their hands intertwined and laying in between them the whole way.

When they reached the school, they walked in together. Steven introduced himself to her friends and they ended up hanging out with one of her friends from English and her date for most of the night.

When the DJ played a Taylor Swift song, Julie was quick to pull Steven up from his spot by the table they had claimed as theirs earlier and onto the already packed dance floor in the middle.

"They're playing Crazier!" Julie shouted over the music, the biggest smile painted across her face.

Steven smiled right back and ran after her into the crowd.

"You lift my feet off the ground, you spin me around! You make me crazier, crazier!" Julie shouted to him while laughing loudly at his attempted dance.

As the next verse played, Steven took her hands in his and spun her around before pulling her closer to to him.

For a moment, they just stood close together, swaying to beat of the song. When the chorus once again sounded, Steven lifted her feet off the ground and spun her around.

"Feels like I'm falling, and I, I'm lost in your eyes," he sang, looking down into her blue eyes.

He laughed when she stood on her tip toes to kiss him, but missed and kissed the side of his mouth instead.

"My mouth is here," he teased as he pointed to his lips.

Julie playfully glared at him as he teased her, and he laughed at her small glare as he leaned down to meet her in a real kiss.

Julie almost jumped when the silence of the room was ruined. She turned around to meet Steven's eyes as the first chords of their song played.

Steven had pulled on the old tuxedo jacket, and was holding out his hand for her to take.

"Want to relive the night?" He asked, a nervous smile etched on his face.

He didn't know if she would say yes or no, but he just had the urge to try.

A small smile formed on her face at his words, and he got a hope that maybe, maybe she would dance with him.

When she stepped towards him and accepted his hand, letting him pull her closer, he found the nervous smile on his face being replaced with a more confident one as he began dancing around.

When the chorus hit, he wanted to do like he had done on their magical prom night. He wanted to lift her feet of the ground and bash in the laugh she would let out when he spun them around, but he didn't.

Instead, he just swayed quietly from side to side with his hands placed nervously on her waist.

She was humming along to the song, and he smiled at it. I'm that moment, everything seemed to be going better. For a moment, they were just Julie and Steven.

It only lasted so long, though, because suddenly, the door opened up. "Have you guys—" Jeremiah cut himself off when he noticed the position the two were in.

"Oh, should we...?" He went to leave the room again, but Julie quickly stepped back from the older boy, setting her attention on her twin brother.

"No, we'll come now."

She hurried towards the door, and Steven was quick to shrug out of the jacket and follow her.

Their moments really only lasted for a moment.

author's note
do you like little flashbacks...?