♯ 𝟯𝟭 was this really it?

ANYONE ELSE
chapter thirty-one ━━ was this really it?

✸  ANYONE ELSEchapter thirty-one ━━ was this really it?

ATFER WAKING UP and quickly cleaning up after themselves, the group made their way back to the beach house

ATFER WAKING UP and quickly cleaning up after themselves, the group made their way back to the beach house. When they reached it, they were met with a frowning Julia standing next to the real estate agent.

"Wow, look who it is." Conrad said, sending Julia a sarcastic smile.

She sighed in return. "Oh, boys. I wish you had gone home when I told you to."

"You're not getting us to abandon our house, Julia." Jeremiah scoffed in disbelief.

"It's not your house, Jeremiah—" she hesitated for a moment. "—and it won't be mine for much longer . . ."

"What do you mean?" Steven frowned.

"A buyer has made an official offer on the house and I have officially accepted it." She said. "I have to go to Boston to finalise the details, but it's done. The house is officially sold."

Her words brought a strange confusion over the group. Was this really it? Had they lost the house forever?

"What?" Conrad broke the uncomfortable silence. "It's sold? you sold the house in the last 12 hours?"

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"But you're not," Jeremiah mumbled under his breath, taking a step back.

"It can't just be over," Belly shook her head.

"It is." Julia sighed. "I'm gonna need your keys, please." She looked at Conrad.

"I bet you're really enjoying this," Conrad sneered as he got out his key.

"Mom. Please don't do this," Skye tried to intervene.

"Skye, really?" Julia sighed once again, feeling her patience slipping away. "I told you I was selling the house and you refused to believe it. I'm not enjoying this, but I must admit that I'm a bit relieved that it's finally over."

"Now, come on, Skye." She started walking away from them.

"Mom!" They called as they ran after their mother.

The other teenagers waited into the empty kitchen, just standing in silence while Skye talked to their mom.

"Uh, I'm sorry," Everyone turned to listen to Skye, who now entered the kitchen. "I tried to get her to call off the deal."

"It's not your fault," Julie remarked, trying her best to bring a smile out on her face.

"I know, but she's my mom, so I get it if you guys are angry with me too . . . I just can't deal with her right now," Skye explained.

"Hey, no one's mad at you," Jeremiah reassured them.

They stood in silence for another second before Steven spoke. "So, what?" He asked. "We're supposed to go home now?"

"Yeah, I guess it's over." Conrad replied.

"No!" Belly interrupted him. "Our last memory here can't be this; everyone's miserable and defeated. I mean, this place deserves a better goodbye than that."

"She's right," Cam agreed. "You guys really love this place. It deserves a better send off."

"What do you have in mind?"

"I say we throw a party!" Belly exclaimed.

"I'm in!" Jeremiah immediately agreed with the girl.

"Me too," Taylor smiled.

"Me three!" Said Skye.

"You guys in?" Jeremiah turned to Conrad, Steven and Julie.

Conrad thought about it for a moment before nodding. "I think it's exactly what my mom would have wanted,"

author's note
a little short chapter bc i disappeared for so long. i totally lost motivation after summer ended, but another tsitp book just updated and i got a random urge to update this too. i really hope u haven't forgotten this but i understand if u have lmao

u can't check out my pjo story if u want, i'm gonna (maybe) update that more frequently. i'll really appreciate it if u read it!! ( shameless self promo 😋😋 )

anyways
i love u and i'm so so sorry 🫶🫶🫶