♯ 𝟭𝟯 when julie falls in love

ANYONE ELSE
chapter thirteen ━━ when julie falls in love

✸  ANYONE ELSEchapter thirteen ━━ when julie falls in love

FINISHING HER LAST shift of the summer was a huge relief for Julie

FINISHING HER LAST shift of the summer was a huge relief for Julie. She thought that having a job would be a fun way to spend her summer, but it was far from.

Especially when you worked alongside your ex boyfriend, whose heart you had broken only about a week ago.

To say that her last few shifts with James had been awkward would have been an understatement. She had tried to not make it weird, but he hadn't tried at all.

He didn't return her 'good morning's when they arrived at 8 o'clock, both deadly tired, and didn't even smile when she brought him lunch during their break.

She knew it was her own fault. Seeing it from his perspective, she was impressed that he even showed up in their shared hours. Had it been her, then she would have hidden in her bedroom til she was sure of not seeing him for a long time.

He was definitely tougher than her. The boy hadn't uttered a single sound to her throughout the week; not before Steven stood and waited for her as they finished for the very last time.

He then let out a humorous grunt, clearly glaring hardly at both of them as he hurriedly walked out of the room.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

RIDING IN STEVEN'S car was—for the first time that summer—not weird. The two sat in a pleasant silence, Julie occasionally changing the radio when the one they were listening to switched to advertisements, and Steven softly drumming his finger on the wheel when a song he knew came on.

It was the kind of car rides Julie usually had with her older brother, but she didn't mind having them with Steven too.

Her mind fixated on the sound of his fingers drumming a melody as they drive past a couple who where both riding bicycles, wide smiles adorning their faces, and she felt her heart skip a beat when she heard Steven humming softly next to her.

Julie's fatal flaw was her naïveté. Or maybe her closed up heart. Either way, she wasn't good at love.

When Julie falls in love, she paces the floor in her mind, making up every possible outcome, both good and bad, she both closes the blinds and locks the door to her heart, making sure that you don't get in without her permission.

Only once had someone really gotten through.

James had tried, but every time he came close, he did something that made him go backwards again.

The only time someone had gotten through was when Steven came with his charming smile and sarcastic remarks and almost magically made the lock disappear. That had been a long time ago, and Julie had been almost completely sure that he had been thrown out again, but here he was, humming softly to the tune to an old Taylor Swift song playing on the radio, and Julie felt like he had never left.

There, right in the middle of her heart was a spot dedicated to him. A spot that would never go away.

edited
chapter 13 on the same day as sntv 🙀🙀 i'm a mastermind without even trying