♯ 𝟬𝟰 the most sparkling eyes

ANYONE ELSE
chapter four ━━ the most sparkling eyes

✸  ANYONE ELSE chapter four ━━ the most sparkling eyes

COUSINS BEACH WAS the vacation place for a lot of teenagers

COUSINS BEACH WAS the vacation place for a lot of teenagers. And what did that mean? A lot of partying.

If Julie were to attend every party thrown in the town area, she probably wouldn't have been home a single night all of summer. That was why she carefully chose which parties were worth her time.

This particular party was. It was hosted by an old friend of hers—she always preferred when she knew the person who's house she was in—and she therefore sported a wide smile on her face as she entered arm in arm with Anya.

Entering the house, she immediately recognised almost everyone, and her smile only widened at the sight.

Before they could take a step further, a large hand landed Julie's shoulder, making both turn around, finding themselves face to face with Conrad Fisher.

"Remember, no drinking," he tried looking sternly at them, but instead broke into a smile at the sight of the beaming smile on his sisters face.

Julie nodded quickly, "yeah, yeah, you already said that, Con."

"Just making sure you remembered," he removed his hand of her shoulder. "Laurel would kill me if you came home drunk again."

"I wasn't drunk!" He was already making his way away from the two girls, but heard his younger sisters shout and shook his head quietly, smiling to himself.

☼  ☼  ☼  ☼

JULIE HAD KEPT the promise she made to her older brother at the start of the night, so two hours into the party she still hadn't had a single drop of alcohol, instead sticking to soda and hoping that the caffeine in her Diet Coke would give her the rush she needed to stay awake.

Somewhere along the night, Steven and Drew had joined the two girls. Steven had immediately discarded his bottle when he saw that the blonde girl was staying sober, instead finding a can of soda like her.

Now, the four of them were gathered around in the kitchen, laughing and talking amongst each other.

Steven stood beside Julie, close enough for the scent of her shampoo to fill his nostrils and make his heartbeat increase in speed.

After contemplating for a moment, his hand hesitantly found way to her waist, making her turn around, only now realising how close they stood.

"Hi," her voice came out as a whisper as she studied his face closely, eyes coming to a stop when they reached his.

"Hi," he held eye contact with her.

A step closer and they were completely face to face. Steven could feel her soft breath on his face as she looked up at him.

He couldn't stop himself from moving his hand up to her face, softly caressing her cheek with his fingers.

At that time it was like the whole world around them stopped. Julie always had this feeling when Steven was around. They had known each since they were too young to know what love was. He was the first boy she ever saw a light in, and even now, his eyes sparkled brighter than any other pair she'd ever looked into to. He had cared for her even before she had needed him to.

He had a soft look in his eyes as he looked down at her. She loved this look, because it made her feel special when he looked at her like that. She didn't know if it was a she's-like-my-little-sister-and-therefore-I-love-her look or a I'm-completely-infatuated-with-her-and-love-her-like-in-all-of-her-fantasies look, but it didn't matter, because she loved when he looked at her like that. She felt seen. She felt like she mattered. And when he pulled his face even closer to hers, she felt like there might be a chance that it was latter. That he loved her like she loved him.

She loved him. No matter how mush she denied it and said that it was stupid girl crush that she had gotten over long ago, it would always be the truth. He was her first love—even though he didn't know it himself—and you never really got over your first love.

"Hey guys!" Jeremiah's loud voice made Julie flinch back from Steven.

"Hey, Jere!" Drew was immediately next to the boy, hugging him quickly.

"Hey!" Steven moved next, leaving Julie standing with her thoughts.

What had just happened?

edited
i wrote this while listening to debut so if this reminds you of mary's song, no it doesn't.