Kindest Cut

Your siblings gasped as you, Five, and Lila all tumbled out of the portal, caked in snow

Your siblings gasped as you, Five, and Lila all tumbled out of the portal, caked in snow. You shivered as you hit the ground, before shoving Five off you.

"Some space would be nice! Not you, Lila."

She laughed as she crawled off you anyways, and you stumbled to your feet.

"Where have you been?" Viktor asked, helping you steady yourself.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor. I don't recommend it."

"It was horrible." You confirmed, gripping Viktor's sleeve.

"You had the briefcase?! We've been looking for this!" Allison yelled.

"Well, look no further. That's the last one on Earth." Five grumbled, dusting himself off.

"Was," you corrected him. "It was the last one on Earth."

Allison dropped the briefcase with a scoff and stomped off. Five inspected it as Viktor helped dust you off and Lila hugged Diego.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You shrugged. "Mentally? No. Physically? Maybe. Emotionally? No way in hell."

"I'm sorry," Viktor dusted off your shoulder.

"Don't be," you stroked his cheek, smiling.

"Hey, Chatty Cathys, quit the chitchat, all right?" Five spoke up. "I'm calling a family meeting here."

"Where's Klaus?" You asked.

Luther shrugged.

"I'll be right back." Diego muttered, taking off.

"Don't leave me with your--" At first, Lila looked distressed, but then you winked at her, and she smiled.

"Spit it out, Five," Allison hissed.

"Oh, well, since you asked so nicely, sister mine, our little paradox brought forth a freaking Kugelblitz."

"What the hell is a Kugelblitz?" Viktor asked.

"Bad..." you muttered. "It's bad."

"Precisely."

••

You chugged the drink from your shot glass as quickly as Five handed it to you, before slamming it down in the table and groaning.

"So this Kugelblitz, it's?..."

"The end of everything." Five answered. "Every rock, every star, every atom sucked into a radiant--"

"And beautiful!" You cut in.

"--Black hole." Five finished.

"Randomly collapsing matter every moment in time across all existence till nothing's left." Lila continued.