I Heard a Rumor

Five found himself at the breakfast table, wondering where you were

Five found himself at the breakfast table, wondering where you were. He had looked everywhere, but he hadn't been able to find you. All he could remember yesterday was your concerned voice and face. You were the last thing he saw before all of his other memories became fuzzy.

He quickly snatched the coffee cup out Luther's hand, before gagging.

"Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?"

"Y/N makes the best coffee..." muttered Luther.

Five sighed. It was true. Strong and sweet. Woke you right up.

"Speaking of Y/N, anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No?" Klaus asked, looking around. "All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum that we're gonna get." He finished, banging the spatula on the table. "Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out.... Yeah..."

"Klaus." Luther said.

"I conjured Dad last night."

Luther sighed. "I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years."

"Ah, yes," started Klaus. "I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da! I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this... 'conversation' with dear old Daddy himself."

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Asked Luther.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." Five replied.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Klaus interrupted. "This is serious, guys, alright? This really happened, I swear."

"Okay, fine." Muttered Five. "I'll play. What did the old man have to say?"

"Well," started Klaus. "He gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the after life couldn't soften a hardass like dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because... he killed... himself." He said the last few words in a whisper, before looking down.

Luther was quiet for a minute. "I don't have time for your games, Klaus." He said, standing.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it then?" Asked Five, confused.

"He said it was the only was the only way to get us all home again."

"No." Luther scoffed. "Dad wouldn't just kill himself."

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed." Five reasoned. "Holed up in his office and room all day and night."

"No." Luther retorted. "There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviors."

"Y/N acted normal." Stated Klaus. "Dad sent you to the moon for no reason."