Right Back Where We Started

Five groaned as he landed on a roof

Five groaned as he landed on a roof. Goddamnit. How many times did he say bulletproof briefcases?! He was quiet, as he waited for the Swedes to leave. When they were a good distance away, Five sighed in relief.

I'll wait for you.

Five flinched as he heard your voice, looking around. Great. Now he was hearing things.

He blinked again, this time landing in the alleyway he had first appeared in. He looked up, to see many machines on a roof, along with a curtain quickly closing.

He sighed, blinking into the building, before climbing up the stairs. He knocked on a door, only for the one to his right to open.

"What do you want?" Asked the man.

"Hi. I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-" Five stopped to have a door slammed in his face. In response, he blinked into the house.

Five smiled at the man as he gasped and yelled, digging through his drawer to pull out a small knife. "H-how'd you do that?"

"Don't really have time to explain." Five replied.

"You from the pentagon?"

"Definitely not."

"CIA? FBI. KGB?"

"Is that fresh?" Five asked, ignoring the man. He blipped next to the pot of coffee, and the man cried out.

"What?..." he asked, as Five nonchalantly poured himself a cup of coffee. He calmly walked past the man, sipping the cup.

"This Colombian?" Five asked, turning to him. It was the only decent cup of coffee he had had for the past week.

"I-it's my own blend." The man stuttered back, as Five observed the room. Oh. So he was one of those guys.

"You ever heard of, uh, Area 51? Roswell?" Five questioned as he walked around.

The man chortled. "Hot damn! Whoo! See, I always knew we weren't the only ones. See, Eleanor thought my head wasn't screwed on tight, but... but it's all true, right? UFOs, crop circles?"

Five smiled. "Well, the truth is out there."

"No, no, no, no, no. No, the... the truth, it's... right here, in front of us." The man said, stepping dangerously close to Five. In response, Five stepped back. "Tell me, wh.... why is it always an anal probe?"

Five leaned in. "Any closer and I'll melt your brain."

"He needs a little space. Yes... I'll be over here." The man backed up, now clearly a little scared.

"All those contraptions on the roof," Five interrupted his ranting to himself. "you built those, right?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Yeah, sure did." The man stuttered, watch as Five looked through his research and papers. "Yeah, I've been tracking anomalies in... in the atmosphere. Just waiting."