Prologue

Aizawa POV

I yawned as I walked up the path to The U.A. Entrance.

"Ug it's to early for a staff meeting...though I do wonder what Nezu called a meeting for, school hasn't even started yet".

I groaned as I thought about it more until I got to the staff room door.

"This better be important." I say rolling my eyes as I open the door.

"AIZAWAAaaa!" I activated my quirk as I glared at hizashi. "It's to early to be yelling Hizashi" I grumbled as I stepped inside the room.

I glance around seeing that all the other staff are already here. I sit down beside Nemuri and Mic sits on the other side of me.

"Well now that everyone's here I can discuss why I called you all in for this meeting!" Nezu starts the meeting sounding way to happy considering its only 7 in the morning.

Everyone looks over at them curious why they called this meeting. "First of all, Violet you can come in now!" I raise an eyebrow confused, I didn't see anyone outside when I came in.

The door opens and we all turn to the door, my eyes widen slightly when I see a teenage girl wearing a slightly formal dress standing in the doorway. What is going on, and why is there a child here, I think confused by what's happening. As I glance at the others it seems they are also confused by this.

"Everyone this is Violet Evergarden, she is a student in the hero course that got in by my recommendation!" Nezu states bringing our attention back to them.

"You recommended a student?" I said slowly very confused by this, Nezu has never taken much of an interest in individual students before let alone recommended one to the hero course. Who is this girl, I think looking back at the girl who is still standing straight by the door.

"Yes I did!" Nezu starts again, "I have called you all here to discuss some of the circumstances of violet here, would you like to introduce yourself Ms. evergarden?" He says looking back towards the girl.

"Yes sir." I'm startled slightly by the sound of her voice as we all turn to look at her, why dose she sound so serious?

She curtsies as she begins to speak, "I am violet Evergarden, Auto memories doll from the CH postal company in Leidenschaftlich, at your service." She stands back up looking at us with a blank stare.

I blink several times taking in what just happened, why is a child acting like this? Her voice was soft but strangely emotionless, almost like a doll. And what did she say she is from the CH postal company in Leidenschaftlich, dose she already have a job or something and where is Leidenschaftlich, wait Leidenschaftlich?!

I turn back around to Nezu with wide eyes, "Did she say she was from Leidenschaftlich?!" I say surprised and concerned. I see the rest of the staffs eyes widen as I say this, I guess they hadn't released at first too.

"Yes, Ms. Evergarden here is from Leidenschaftlich, that is why I called this meeting, I wanted you all to be aware of her circumstances before school starts."
My eyes are still wide as I listen intently.

"As you all know Leidenschaftlich has been the location of the first large scale war since quirks appeared, a treaty has been signed only a few days ago signalling the official end of the war."

My eyes narrow as I listen to Nezu, I don't like where this is going, this child had her home ravaged by war until recently, I glanced back at Violet with concern is that why her behaviour is so odd?

"I know you all are concerned by this but there is more to Ms. Evergarden's story." I grit my teeth as I loon back at Nezu, what happened to this child?

"Ms. Evergarden was a soldier in the war, she was on the front lines for a lot of the war, this is why she acts more mature than other kids her age."

Several gasps are heard in the room, hound dog growls at the thought of a child having to be in a war. My quirk flares up as I speak to Nezu, "Mind explaining just why a child was on the front lines of the worst war in recent days?!" I'm furious, who could let this happen?

Nezu looks towards me, "I know that you all do not like this and neither do I, but we can't change what has already happened. As for why she was a soldier I am not entirely sure to be honest, what I do know is that Ms. Violet served under Major Gilbert Bougainvillea in the Leidenschaftlich army."

"It has been about a year since Violet was discharged from the army and since then Ms evergarden has been working as a Auto memories doll, and in the process discovering more about human life and emotion." Nezu turned and smiled at Violet. "And we hope to further her development here at U.A."

"It's my hope that violet will become a wonderful hero, and while attending this school, create friends her age and interact with the other children." Nezu finished speaking smiling at us.

I sigh and glance back at violet who hasn't moved since Nezu started speaking. How can a child go through so much, I can't imagine what she saw, what she had done during the war. "Problem child." I mumbled, hopefully Nezu is right that attending this school will help her grow emotionally.

I turn back to Nezu and speak, "I have no doubt that she is already better at combat then the other first years that will be in the hero course, but I wonder how much education she got during her time in the army. Will she be ok with the work in U.A.?"

"Ah not to worry Aizawa, since Ms evergarden has come to Japan I have tutoring her personally and I can assure you that she passed the written part of the entrance exam, she will also be having more tutoring sessions with me until she has caught up completely with the other first years, she is quite the fast learner!" I nod satisfied with Nezu's answer.

"Ah!" Nezu clapped, " I nearly forgot about one last thing!" I raise an eyebrow confused, what more could there be?

"Due to Ms evergarden's time in the war she has sustained permanent injuries." I wince slightly, god I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Recovery girl stood up clearly worried, "oh my what happened to the poor girl?"

Nezu smiled before continuing, "Do not worry to much Ms evergarden has already adjusted to life with her situation, would you show them Ms evergarden?" Nezu smiles and looks towards Violet.

Violet nods, "Of course sir." She pulls off her gloves and a few people gasp. My eyes narrow as I look at her revealed metal hands.

Violet continues with a slightly sad voice almost reminiscing, "During the last battle as my time as a soldier I sustained an injury that resulted in both of my arms being removed." She roles up one sleeve showing us how far up the prosthetics go.

Recovery girl looks concerned as she looks at her arms. "I understand that it was be about a year since the war ended but if your injuries ever ache please come to my office dearie" Violet looks towards her and nods. "Thank you for your concern mam".

I sigh and rub my head, this was definitely going to be a interesting year, I just hope that Violet has good experiences here. I look at Violet again before the meeting ends.

I won't be letting any more harm come to this child, she has dealt with more than most adults wether she realizes it or not.