Chapter IX: Playing The Cards (PT.2)

**************************

Naomi Maxine Peña

Maybe, some girls are not meant to be tamed but perhaps they are supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with them. I'm one of those girls who aren't meant to be tamed like a pet, I always have the upper hand and no one can take that from me.

They say you either walk like a Queen, or walk like you don't care who the Queen is.

In my case, I'm fine with both ways. After all, I am Naomi Maxine Euphemia Peña. Daughter of one of the most wealthiest and well-known man in the whole world, the sole heiress of Santoro and Brylle Velcasco's future wife.

Kasalukuyan kaming nakaupo sa living room, kasama ko silang lahat kabilang na si Sean. He and Brylle are both on their alert mode, they're actually watching us. I meant, Sera and I were being guarded by the two of them to avoid the incident that had happened two months ago

C'mon, she pissed me off! It's not my fault and besides? I couldn't control myself, it's like the machine wasn't working. It felt like I was moving on my own, it's difficult to explain but it did happened. They can't blame me for almost killing that bitch, she's a two-faced snake!!

I would never apologized for something that wasn't my fault in the first place, she deserved what happened to herself. And why the hell would I say sorry? I'm not sorry at all..

Even right now, I still want to strangle her with my own bare hands. Luckily, Brylle and the others are around or else? She's as good as an ugly corpse. I'll just either bury her somewhere or use my powers to cremate her body.

"Girls, stop being too serious okay? C'mon, minsan na nga lang kayo mag-kita tapos mag-tatalo pa kayo".  Ani ni Enzo. Well, she and I won't have a problem if she stops what she's doing! But she won't do that!!

"Sera, we both know that you don't like Thyrone in the first place. You're just annoying her but this has come too far, you gotta stop". Dagdag pa ni Sean sa sinambit ni Enzo.

Brylle sighed heavily. "Look, he's right. Stop dragging Nina to your stupid plans, just stop. I'm sick and tired of putting up to your shits, can you grow up? You're not a kid". Walang ganang tugon ni Brylle. I wanted to smile because of what he just said but how could I?

Sera's face is annoying me!!

"How come you three never say anything to her? Why is it just me?? Matagal niyo nang alam na gusto ko si Thryone!". Pasigaw niyang reklamo.

Napakamot na lamang si Enzo sa likod ng ulo niya dahil sa kaniyang narinig. "Sera, eh matagal mo na rin namang alam na hindi ka nga gusto ni Thryone, diba?". Tanong niya sa babaeng kinulang ata sa aruga at pag-mamahal ng magulang kaya hindi maka-intindi.

I always knew how she felt about Brylle, at one point? She did liked him. But it wasn't that long, she already accepted the fact that Brylle would never noticed her, that she'll always be unloved and unwanted by him.

She's doing all of this because she has another reason, and that is something I need to find out.

"I'll never accept that, why would I? I was with him for years! She wasn't around!!". She yelled.

Here we go again, she'll flipped out and make another mess. Sean will always clean up for her, I don't know why he's doing that but I figured that he like her. That's why he's willing to wait and to endure everything even if it hurts.

"God knows where she went all these years that she was gone! Perhaps, she was left by someone else! She doesn't know where to go so she came back here to use Thryone!!". Dagdag niya pa.

Out of the blue, I felt anger and sadness inside my whole system. I can no longer hear anything from her nor from any of the three guys. I can't control myself like before. I'm trying to calm down but I couldn't do so, I still know what I'm doing so I stormed out of the living room.

I went out and used my powers, I flew away.

She's right about that matter, I wasn't around whenever something happened to Brylle. I couldn't consoled him, hold his hands nor made sure that he's doing fine. But she was there.

I had fought a lot of monsters, helped a lot of players inside the game and made them happy but I couldn't do the same thing to him. Was there even a time when he was happy with me?

Was there a time when I was able to make him smile genuinely? And was there a time when I was around when he needed someone by his side?? I couldn't remember any moments at all.

I just want to disappear for a while... I don't wanna hurt anyone, specially Brylle.

Masyado akong naiinis sa sarili ko kaya hindi ko napansin ang kalangitan, masyado itong madalim. Napagtanto ko na lumabas ang lifeline ko at isa lamang ang ibig sabihin neto, mayroong halimaw dito ngayon.

Hindi ko siya makita dahil bigla na lamang kumapal ang usok sa paligid, makalipas pa ang ilang minuto? Bigla na lamang lumiwanag at lumabas ang isang nilalang na hindi ko gustong makita dahil puro nonsense ang lumalabas sa bibig niya, nakakasawang pakinggan...

Prince Diamond was once a hero but was too greedy for power so he made a deal with a witch and now? He's still under her spell, I don't know how to help him even if I wanted to. The only way to get him out of his damn misery is to defeat him, he's the final boss in the game.

I never noticed that I had come this far, I must've defeated a lot of monsters during the past months. Well, that's a good thing but this isn't the right time to think about that.

"Nina, my beloved bride-to-be". He uttered. Uhh, that sounds so wrong and disgusting. How I wished I could tear him apart now.. 

"You asshole, when the hell would you stop pestering my life?!". Sigaw ko sa kaniya. I'm still pissed off because of Sera and now, I'm facing another asshole. Can this day get any worse?!!

Of course he didn't understand me, he's an AI.

Kung paano siya ginawa at kung ano ang mga features niya, 'yon lang ang kaya niyang gawin pero kaya niya pa rin akong saktan dahil parehas lang naman kaming dalawa.

Ang kaibahan lang namin, mas may advantage ako dahil totoong tao ako. Kaya kong mag-isip nang pansarili ko, eh siya? Hindi niya kayang gawin ang bagay na 'yon.

Pero kahit na alam ko ang mga bagay-bagay tungkol sa kaniya, kailangan ko pa rin mag-ingat dahil hindi ko alam kung ano'ng maaaring mang yari kapag naubos ang buhay sa lifeline ko. Hindi pa naman 'yon nang yayari sa tuwing nakikipag-laban ako sa mga halimaw na kagaya ni Prince Diamond. Well? They are weaker than him so I guess it's not the same.

Wala akong ideya kung ano'ng kahihinatnan nang laban namin pero gagawin ko lang lahat para matulungan siya sa abot nang makakaya ko, para matapos na rin ang larong 'to dahil oras na para bumalik ako sa realidad.

**************************