Chapter XV: Behind Everything

*2 years and 6 months later...

**************************

Thryone Brylle Velcasco

It's been two years and six months since I got back in the Philippines while Naomi was still in Tokyo, Japan because of her therapy. A long time had already passed, our whole team had successfully won in a lot of tournaments during these past few years and all of us had decided to take a break for a while.

But tonight, Naomi is finally coming back to the Philippines. I was informed by Tito Lorenzo's Secretary that she's finally come back!! I can't wait to wrap her around my arms again. I don't even know how long has it been since I did that.

I couldn't travel and go to where she was because the tournaments were on-going back then and we're not allowed to take a break nor go on a vacation, even just for a day. We had to practice, become better and still learn to work as a team. Not just by ourselves.

Another thing is that I'm quitting, I knew that one day? I'll stop being a player, that I'll stop being their Captain and that I'll stop using my in-game name. I'll pass my position to someone else. I want that person to become greater than myself, I want that person to prove to me that he or she is worthy enough and I want that person to be responsible like me.

Because leading a team is not an easy task, it's difficult and challenging specially when you have to make decisions for everyone and not just for yourself. Some of us are not capable of doing such thing, that's why I don't simply trust anyone. Though, I already have someone in my mind and I think that person is perfect.

Well, for now? That's not what matters, I still have a two months to decided on that. What matters is that Naomi is coming back, I badly want to see her in person. I wanna hold her hands, take care of her, go on a date with her and court her everyday even if we're already in a relationship for real.

While I was away and she's not around, of course I'm not happy with it. I wanna be with her as much as she wanted to but we both know that she was not allowed to go back then, she had to undergo strict physical therapy so she could live a normal life once again.

I don't recall when did this happened but I realized how lucky I am to have someone who makes saying goodbye so difficult. I left when she was asleep, I just left a note for her and then a recording of myself while reminding her that she will always have me. I didn't want her to see me leave and felt like I wasn't coming back.

The distance between us wasn't permanent, it was only temporary because she had to stay behind and I had to go back. Besides, I often checked on her. I was messaging her even if I was in-game because she's more important than anything else, another thing is that I already knew what I had to do to win.

Leading a lot of people and winning on every tournament is much more easier than winning her love and her trust, I want her to trust me just like when we were kids.

We didn't get to spend time for three years, she was asleep the whole time. Of course she's not gonna trust me right away, I can sense that.

There are times that she felt like I was gonna leave her, times that she felt like I was gonna tell her that I don't love her anymore and there are times that she felt like she was not beautiful enough so I'd just fine someone else..

But instead of getting mad at her, shouting at her and ignoring her feelings? I did the same exact opposite. I love her so much, how could I get mad at her? How could I even yell at her even just for once? And how could I fucking ignore her feelings when she's the most important person in my life and I'm too afraid to lose her because of these reasons??

"Dude, are you being serious? Why do you dress like that? Are you going to a funeral? You're picking her up from the airport, not attending someone else's funeral". It's my damn Brother.

I sighed. "Then get me something you wanted me to wear, or else I'll just stick to this since I'm already wearing it". I replied.

"Eto na lang, mas matino 'tong polo na 'to kaysa riyan sa suot mo. Para kang pupunta sa lamay na hindi maintindihan". He said then he laughed at me. After he handed me what he wanted me to wear, he started fixing his hair.

After a few touches, he's finally done helping me out. "Now, this is more like it. Let me take a picture, I'll show it to Mom and Dad". He said then he took out his phone and stole a picture of mine, God knows what he's gonna do with it.

Or would he really show it to our parents??

"Take care of her, Dude. She's one of a kind, and don't forget that our parents would kill you if you treat her badly". He reminded me.

I laughed at him. "Why would I do that? I waited for almost six years just to be with her, do you honestly think that I'd treat her like that?". I replied to him.

"I'm not saying that you'd do that, I'm just reminding you not to do so. But you gotta go now, you still have to pick up her flowers and get her favourite snack right?". Now that he mentioned it, I checked the time and he was right about it. I badly have to go now.

I have to pick up the bouquet of her favorite flowers then get her favorite snack, I'm sure she wouldn't eat anything until the airplane had already landed. After all, she's a picky eater.

Since I'm good to go, I immediately took my keys and left. I didn't even bother to say goodbye to my Brother, I just walked away while he watched. When I got out of our house, the gate was already wide open.

It seemed like they already knew that I'm going out, so I didn't have to tell them what to do.

Before I drove away, I got an anonymous email from an unknown person. Someone's blackmailing me again, this is the fifth time that I received something like this. The first time was when I got back from Japan almost three years ago. That sender told me that I would lose someone I love if I don't let her go.

That person is referring to Naomi, he or she was telling me that if I don't leave her? I would lose her instead but I didn't believed any of that person's words. I'll never leave her, no one can tell me what to do. I can protect Naomi. And I will always do that even if it costs my life.

**************************