Chapter XIII: In Your Arms

**************************

Naomi Maxine Peña

I tried moving my hand, then I slowly opened my eyes after hearing a voice, I could tell that he was only sitting beside me. I saw him, a tear fell from my eyes and the only thing that I could remember was telling Brylle to find me after everything went blank, my surroundings had already turned quiet and I didn't know where I was nor what would happened.

After a few more minutes, the room was filled with people whom I don't even know. I saw Dad, he was also here. He immediately went to see me, they were talking but I wasn't really paying attention. I was staring at Brylle, why was he looking at me as if he missed me a lot?

I was with him for half a year, my physical body may not be present at that time but that was me and not someone else. He was spending time with me through a copy of myself, Nina and I are just one after all. She is me, and I am her.

"Ms. Peña? Can you hear me? If you can, blink twice". The Doctor uttered. So I did what he asked me to do so, I can hear them talking but I honestly don't care about anyone.

I was only staring at him, I missed him in every way possible. He has beautiful eyes, the kind you can get lost in and I guess I did.

"Ms. Peña, how many fingers am I holding?". He asked again. I answered his question then after that, Dad suddenly cried. He couldn't hold it back so he just turned around so the others wouldn't see him like that.

"If you have any discomfort, please press the button and let us know immediately". The Doctor reminded me. I nodded and smiled a bit, I turned to Brylle again.

It seemed like he was waiting for me to call him, I wanted to go ahead and embraced him so I tried to stand up on my own. It was a bad idea because I haven't walked for years, I probably have to undergo physical therapy sooner.

He caught me immediately, I was in his arms and it felt like I never wanted to leave. I just wanna stay here, because I knew that I'm safe and sound whenever I'm with him.

"C'mon, let's go back to your bed. You can't walk yet, you don't have to rush yourself". He reminded me nonchalantly.

"I want to fall down over and over because I know that you'd catch me anyway". I replied to him then I giggled.

He chuckled. "I don't want you to hurt yourself, I can lock you in my arms if you want me to". He softly whispered as he tucked me back in my hospital bed.

I'm well-aware that Dad can definitely see us but I doubt if he'd get mad in front of me, and besides? He knew that I love Brylle and he loves me too. We don't have to go over that again and again for him to understand.

"Naomi, I'll go ahead and talk to your Doctors first. Thryone will stay here". Dad said.

Brylle and I didn't say anything, I just nodded while he stayed quiet as we looked at Dad while he was walking out of my ward.

"Are you okay? Do you want something?". He asked. I held his hand but he moved and then took my hand instead, he held it tight.

"Just stay here, that's what I want". I told him.

I closed my eyes for a bit, I wasn't feeling sleeping at all. I just wanted to feel his presence even more, I don't know why either. After opening them again, he was still holding my hand. He was smiling at me.

"Don't worry, I won't go. You can still go ahead and rest if you want to". He told me.

I pouted my lips. "I just woke up, seriously?". I asked him. I pretended that I was annoyed so he chuckled, he pinched my cheek softly.

"Stop pouting your lips, I might steal a kiss from you". He said. He and I stayed silent after that, it wasn't awkward but I didn't know how to respond to that kind of thing.

"Then go ahead and steal one". I replied.

He leaned closer to me, I thought he was really gonna kiss me on my lips but he didn't. He pressed his lips against my forehead, he smiled genuinely as he moved away.

"It's late, you still have to rest even though you just woke up". He reminded me.

I didn't wanna sleep yet, not again. I just woke up, and I don't wanna sleep because he's gonna leave, I'm sure Dad would make him do so. I just kept on insisting that I won't sleep but in the end, I still did it anyway.

He helped me fell asleep, he sang a song to me.

His voice sounded as if an angel was singing to me, it was heavenly. I couldn't helped but closed my eyes and dream about us.

The next morning, he was sleeping beside me.

He was on the hanging chair, I noticed that he was holding my hand so I didn't move an inch. He'd probably wake up if I did that, he was still resting and I don't want to disturb him.

He obviously stayed up late to make sure that I was sleeping, I heard he was talking to Dad last night but I just let them be.

I didn't bother to eavesdrop either, it's not a good thing to do specially if they didn't want me to know what their topic was so I just slept.

I was staring at Brylle, I couldn't helped but smile because he was so handsome. How can a guy be this handsome even if he was asleep?

"Did you honestly thought that I was still asleep? Is that why you're not moving??". Tanong niya sa'kin. Nagulat ako nang todo dahil bigla na lamang siyang nag-salita.

"I-I didn't k-know". Nauutal kong tugon.

"Good morning, Naomi. Can you stop being cute for a couple of minutes? I haven't even brushed my teeth yet". He said then we both laughed at himself.

He has the most adorable eyes you could ever fall for and the cutest smile that takes your breath away. He has the ability to make you laugh every time he speaks and whenever you look into his eyes, it's so hard to turn away.

He and I were still laughing about what he said until someone knocked and opened the door, it was Dad and two of my Doctors. They're probably here to check me, or do some bullshits and make me believe that I need them.

I'm not mad because he made me believed that I needed to go back to that machine, I'm furious because he lied and he didn't let me see Brylle even though I begged, cried and did everything he had ever wanted me to do so.

He's my Father and I know he told me and he did all those things to protect me but I don't understand why he had to, it doesn't make any sense at all. What happened to Mommy and I were an incident, unless he's still hiding from me. Something that he didn't want me to know.

**************************