Chapter XIV: Like The Movies

**************************

Naomi Maxine Peña

They asked Brylle to go out for a bit, I stopped him but it didn't worked. He still left me inside with my Doctors and Dad himself, I was feeling nervous. I honestly don't know what to do but I knew that I have to face this.

"We just came here to tell you that you need to undergo physical therapy, you haven't walk for years. That's the reason why you're having a hard time doing it on your own". Panimula ng Doktor ko. He's probably close with my Dad.

The other Doctor nodded and smiled. "I'm sure you badly want to walk like a normal person again and don't worry because you'd be able to do that... But". She paused before she said her last word. But what? It seemed like a problem.

"You'd have to stay here for quite a long time, you can't go back to the Philippines yet". He was the one who continued her sentence.

Stay here for a quiet a long time? Bakit?? What for? Ano nanamang gagawin nila sa'kin?!!

"Stay here?! Ayoko! I don't wanna spend another week in this hospital, nag-sasawa na ako! I'm awake and I'm okay!! I'll undergo that therapy but I won't do it here!!". Sigaw ko sa kanila.

Ayoko nang manatili rito, ano bang pag-kakaiba nang pananatili ko rito at sa Pilipinas? Isa pa, matagal na akong nawala roon. Gusto ko nang bumalik, gusto kong makasama si Brylle. Ayoko nang malayo sa kaniya, kahit kailan...

"Physical therapy takes time, specially in your current situation. You were in a state of comatose for a long time". Ani ng babaeng Doktor na kasama nila Dad.

"I don't care about how long it takes, but I do care about why can't I undergo therapy in the Philippines instead?! I wanna stay with him, I don't want to be here anymore!!". Muli kong sigaw sa kanilang lahat.

"Anak, please listen to them. This time, I'm not making you believe that you have to do all of this because whether I'm here or not, you have to undergo physical therapy in this place and not in the Philippines". Sumabat na si Dad.

"The reason why you can't undergo physical therapy in the Philippines is simply because the equipments are not available in that country, we use diffrent methods and machines in order to help patients like you". Ani ni Dr. Anna. I saw her name tag, her name was written in there.

I removed the IV on my hand, it was bleeding but I didn't care. I tried to ran away on my own. Of course I was having a hard time doing it, I was already crying because it hurts a lot.

When I reached the door, I opened it and I saw Brylle. He was waiting outside, standing like a fool when he could've just stayed inside with me. I didn't want him to leave, but he did because he was respecting my Dad.

He immediately helped me out. "Naomi, what are you doing?! Come on, let's go back inside. You're not supposed to be doing this". He uttered while he was holding me in his arms.