Strength

"No-No one touched it.." a sailor said, pale faced as he pointed over to the lever, "No one touched the controller, but the hook moved! The hook killed the sailor by itself! What's going on here?!"

"Careful...there may be stand users here. This freighter is not here to save us," Joseph said under his breath.

Glances were exchanged silently, they had to stay on guard, the stand user could be anywhere, anywhere on the abandoned ship. (Y/N) tensed, something about being on a ship potentially with an enemy stand user, especially since the little dip he had taken recently, did not sit right with him. It wasn't just the idea of someone else on the ship, but the ship itself, there was something very off about it, almost like it was slightly too aware.

"I'll use my stand to look for him. Come, Hierophant green," why they needed to announce their stands, (Y/N) had no clue, but he was glad Kakyoin was on watch none the less.

"I have no idea at all what's going on here!" the girl said.

Same, he thought.

"But, I'm pretty sure these things are happening because if you weirdos."

Joseph got straight to it, "Hey! No one touch anything! Do you understand? And don't mess around with any electronics."

"What is he talking about?"

"He's not making any sense. We know a lot more about ships and the sea, you should just mind your own business! Old fool."

"We've got to find out what the problem is," the sailors chimed.

"Obey my orders if you want to live! Don't go near any machines! Just stay in the deck below until I say it's okay to come back up!" he knelt down to the girl, "I can tell you this much, we are your friends, got that? Alright let's all split up, (Y/N) stick with the kid."

"What? Why am I on babysitting duty?"

"Because I said so."

He rolled his eyes, sighing as he turned to the girl, "Guess it's just me and you now."

"We should try to find the enemy before dark. When night falls, we'll be at a disadvantage," Avdol said before making his way around the back of the ship.

(Y/N) leaned on the railing, keeping an eye on the kid while making sure they wouldn't be ambushed. With the rest of the group gone, he felt even more uneasy, he was alone apart from one other person but he felt like a billion eyes were watching him.

A strange clanging came from the cabin next to them, the girl turned and peeked her head inside. She contemplated something before going in, followed closely by the older boy. It was the room the monk- orangutan was in, the clanging coming from it tapping on the lock of its cage. There was no way (Y/N) was letting that thing out, it was creepy enough in the cage.

"You want me to open that lock for you? I can't, I don't know where the key is," the kid moved closer as the animal held out something, "You're giving me that apple? It's clean cut, so this apple was cut with a knife and it's not brown yet. That means it was cut recently... Um is there anyone else on the ship? Where are the people who were feeding you?"

"I wouldn't advise getting too close, it is a wild animal," (Y/N) warned, kneeling down and putting a hand on her shoulder.

A bright lit, one of a match suddenly glowed in its fingers, it was lighting a cigarette. Reminds me of someone, he thought, this is creepy as shit. He pulled the girl back slightly as it turned its head towards them, eyes narrowed.

"Y-You are a very smart monkey..." she said.

"Maybe we shou-"

It slumped back into its cage, shuffling its hand around in the hay and pulling out a magazine. The (H/C) haired boy stifled a gasp as he saw the cover. It was a playboy magazine with skimpily dressed women on the front. Quickly he covered the kid's eyes before she should get a proper look.