The Sun

Camels... (Y/N)'s new least favourite animal. They were uncooperative, big and gross but it beat the alternative that Mr. Joestar suggested... a helicopter. There was absolutely no way he was getting in a helicopter with any of them so the camels would have to do.

At least he didn't have to walk through the desert, the heat was unbearable, the sun bearing down in the sun onto the group as they slowly trudged through. So much sand, all he could see was sand and maybe an occasional rock or little critter skittering across, but the golden expanse completely covered the view. The only way he knew they were going the right way was the sun directly in front of them guiding them towards their destination.

"I still feel like were being followed."

"Kakyoin aren't you a bit jumpy, we're swiping our trail with leaves and if anyone was coming we would see them from a mile of," Polnareff pointed to the palm leaves attached to the camel's saddle that trailed behind to wipe away any tracks they made.

"Pol pol, I agree with Kakyoin, I don't like this, something feels really off," he looked around, nothing but sand and the bright sun, so why was he so unsettled.

"Jotaro take a look," Joseph gestured for Jotaro to scan the horizon with his binoculars.

"Nothing, I didn't see anything, but something just doesn't feel right."

"Hey, lets go, we'll set up our tents up one the sun is down."

"Wow it's really hot, look the temperature is about 50 degrees Celsius."

"I'm definitely feeling it," (Y/N) said practically melting into his saddle as he tried to cover himself more with the cotton fabric he was wearing, "I swear it feels like this days been going on forever."

"It should be the hottest time of the day, so the heat will die down soon," Joseph stopped, staring down at his pocket watch, "Jotaro! What time is it!?"

"About 8:10.." 

"What's going on?!! Its past 8pm.. so why isn't the sun setting!!!"

"Wha! What the hell, the temperature just rose to 60 degrees Celsius," Polnareff said.

"Please kill me nowww. I swear I'm going to boil to death so just put me out of my misery," he whined trying to find the flask of water he had somewhere but the heat was making him sluggish very quickly.

"The sun's rising from the west, that can't be right."

"Maybe the sun is a stand!"

"I don't think that's right," the (H/C) haired boy said giggling slightly, "The sun can't be a stand silly."

"I think the heat's got to him..." Kakyoin pulled up to the side of him and lifted up the cotton shawl he was wearing, "Oof, that doesn't look too good."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚。・:*˚:✧。

"70 degrees and rising."

"Shit, we don't even know how far away the stand is."

"We need to beat it's user then, we can't fight the sun," Jotaro looked over the rock they were hiding behind quickly to scan the desert, "The stand is strong so the user has to be near by, maybe they're using some sort of trick to disguise themselves."

"I think I'm gonna sit this one out," (Y/N) said sitting under a little tent Ace had made from a few large leaves it had grown from the desert floor.

"(Y/N) mi amore, let me under too please!! I'm dying out here," Polnareff pleaded, beads of sweat rolling down his brow.

"No room."

"We can't just sit here and do nothing! I'll check it out my own way."

"Kakyoin!!"

"I'm just checking to see how far away our opponent is. If we know where the stand is, we can guess where the user is!" his stand started towards the sun, "40 meters. 60 meters... 100 meters!!!"

"Something is wrong, Kakyoin bring Hierophant Green back! It looks like it's going to do something," Jotaro warned. 

"Take my Emerald-"

The sun looked like it had exploded, small fiery rocks heading straight towards the. The bright beams of light burning everything they came in contact with in an instant. The camels went down first and Silver Chariot barely blocked them from being next.

"I'm going to use Star Platinum to make a hole in the ground. Everyone get in!!"

The sun rained down on them, the small hole in the ground giving some sort of protection from the heat but it was getting almost unbearable. Kakyoin was leaning against (Y/N), both looking on the verge of passing out, eyes closing slowly. The sun had fried up the last of their canteens and other water surplices and Ace was to weak to create anymore, they were completely stuck.

Joseph peaked out of the hole slightly with the binoculars only for them to get instantly struck down, "Son of a bitch! How does he see is!? Is he some kind of invisible man!?"

"Hey (Y/N), look at that," Kakyoin laughed pointing towards a rock and then to a similar one on the other side.

"Heh, they're the same rock!" 

"Yeah the same rock, hehe...WAIT!"

"Hahha Jotaro look!! It's two exact same rocks!!" 

"Ha hhahah."

"Hehehehe."

"Oh no. OH MY GOD! Is everyone affected by the heat?! Am I.. Am I the only sane one left. Jotaro cool down! Stop it! They're all going crazy!!"

"Hehe, Mr Joestar please don't take it the wrong way. Take a look at that rock over there, big enough for a man to hide behind isn't it."

"So what?"

"Check out the rock to the right of it."

"What the hell are you taking about Kakyoin."

"You still don't get it? On the other side there is a rock the exact same size and shape with the shadow pointing in the opposite direction meaning..."

"Hahah!! What an Idiot! Go get'em Jotaro!"

"Ora!" Star hurled a rock towards the rock on the right shattering a hole in the sky right above it.

"Holy shit! There's a hole in the free space."

"Give me a break... Its a mirror."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚。・:*˚:✧。

"Woah, behind the mirror is a pretty comfy setup. It's even got an air conditioner."

"Nori don't hog the fresh air, I'm going to pass out," he shoved his friend slightly to the side to stick his face in front of the small appliance, "Omg this is heaven."

"So.. this guys just dead now," Joseph poked the body of the stand user, "We don't even know his name. The sun card's stand huh? Pretty powerful but his trick was revealed pretty easily."

"Alright time to head to the next goal, it's pretty cold in the desert at night so the rest of the journey shouldn't be too hard."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚。・:*˚:✧。

a/n: shorter chapter here but the whole sun arc isn't very long anyway. next up baby stand!!! hope you enjoyed and have a good night/day :)

~plu <3