3.1 - Chameleon

3rd Person POV:

Marinette races against time as she once again was about to be late for class, storming past a teacher who was about to shut the doors to the school, all the while eating her breakfast croissant.

Arriving just in time, she opens the door to her class finding everyone in random seats, contrary to the norm.

Marinette spots the completely open seat next to Adrien, but she quickly visits Alya before she does anything rash.

"How'd you pull this off Alya? I can't believe you got everyone to swap seats so I could sit next to Adrien!" Marinette excitedly whispers to ombré-haired girl before she gets into her head again, "Then again... it might not be the best idea. He might keep me from paying attention in class and it'll be a total disaster because I'd get kicked out and we'd never have our own house.. the three kids.. nor our hamster named-"

Alya stops her mid-thought. "Girl, what are you talking about? Your not sitting next to Adrien. Your sitting over there."

Alya points to an empty seat at the very back of the class where (Y/N) was drawing on her sketchbook, slightly pouting that Alix got to Nathaniel before she did.

"At the back? Why?" Marinette scoffs, "What's going on?"

"Well since she's got a hearing issue, there's no way she sit at the back of the class, right? So she needed a place up in the front." Nino explains.

"So to make it work, Ivan sat with Mylené, Alix sat next to Nathaniel, and I came up with the idea of moving Nino here so we could spend more time together." Alya says.

"Who's this.. she?" Marinette questions.

"Good morning, students!" Mrs. Bustier walks into the class, setting her papers down on her desk. "I'm sure you've all heard by now that Lila's home from her trip to Atchoo, and she's back in school with us again!"

Lila walks in and waves, "Hi, everyone!"

"Hi, Lila!" The class smiles.

"Oh, a seat in the front row! You remembered my hearing issues! Your such sweethearts, all of you!" Lila coos, blowing kisses to the class before she sits in her seat next to Adrien.

"You have a hearing problem, Lila?" Marinette scowls in question.

"Yeah, I suffer from tinnitus." Lila nods, holding her ear, "It's constantly ringing in my left ear. I've had it ever since the sound of an airplane engine burst my eardrum on the runway when I was saving Jagged Stone's lost kitten."

"Isn't Jagged Stone's pet a crocodile?" Marinette continues to question with a smirk.

"Now it is, yes. But he had a kitten until he found out he was allergic to it." Lila nods before shooting closer to Adrien who slightly backs away, "The best part is since your such a excellent student Adrien, you'll be able to help me catch up on all my missed schoolwork while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me?"

"Sure, Lila." Adrien says with a strained voice.

Marinette scoffs at this, "Mrs. Bustier, why do I have to sit in the back now?"

"Do you have any trouble hearing or seeing, Marinette?" Mrs. Bustier questions.

Marinette's quiet, trying to formulate words to say.

"My hearing and sight are good, I'll sit in the back of the class and you two can sit up front! I don't mind." Adrien attempts to find his way into the seat next to (Y/N).