3.6 - Silencer

3rd Person POV:

"My good old friend Bob! How wonderful to see you!" André happily greets his old friend, "And you've brought little Xavier Yves with you, too!"

"Uh, my peeps call me XY, if you don't mind Mr. Mayor." XY removes Andre's hands from pinching his cheeks. "Xavier Yves sounds way too-"

"XY! Of course! Famous DJ XY!" André exclaims.  "It's an honor for the Palace to receive such a fantastic artist and his father!"

"Does that mean dinner's on the house?" Bob smirks.

"Uh...." André hides a nervous smile.

"I'm joking!" Bob cackles.

"You're too much, Bob! Always the comedian!" André laughs along, before taking his leave. "Enjoy your meal. Bon appétit!"

"Eh, I tried. Ok, we need to talk about this special TV appearance you'll be making." Bob directs his attention to his son. "Y'know this'll be a major promotional event for you. Got any new material to premiere? Any new ideas?"

"Course not, Dad. You know I never have any ideas." XY laughs, making Bob cackle with him.

"So let me hear what you've ripped... I mean what you've come up with this year!" Bob prevent himself from saying "ripped off" in such a busy place.

XY nods and pulls out his laptop, clicking on a file and playing it aloud. The music playing wasn't bad at all. Slow, techno kind of vibe, but if you compared it to Jagged Stone's music, it was hot garbage.

Bob stops him from playing anymore, "Isn't that a bit similar to what you were doing last year?"

XY plays the file from the previous year and listens to it, realizing that he basically is the same thing, but in reverse. "Oh, yeah. I guess I ripped off my own music."

"Never mind, no one will know the difference anyway." Bob chuckles. "Image is key! What kind of visuals you got going? Any concepts?"

"Any what?" XY raises a brow.

"Forget it. I'll use the same plan that's made me the rich man I am today." Bob shakes his head, "If you're short on great ideas, "borrow" someone else's!"

Both Bob and XY laugh loudly and obnoxiously, making people begin to turn their attention to them for disturbing the peace, and their eardrums.

|~|

"We're looking for new talent. Stunning musical and visuals are a must, with a brand new style that everyone will die for!" Bob announces, "You have two weeks to send in your videos!"

"It's a perfect opportunity to showcase Kitty Section!" Marinette talks to people around her.

"And the stage clothes you and (Y/N) designed, Marinette!" Luka smiles.

Marinette giggles with a blush but snaps out of it immediately, "If we all pitch in, two weeks is more than enough time to make an awesome video! Everyone in?"

The team excitedly call their agreements, high-fiving each other before rushing off to get to work.

|~|

"Y'know I love Unicorns and they make me feel better!" Rose sing as she, Luka, Juleka, and Ivan practice their song for the video.

Marinette and (Y/N) had no choice but to be together as they were both the costume designers for Kitty Section, but (Y/N) refused to talk, nor even be in the vicinity of Marinette.