3.15 - Gamer 2.0

3rd Person POV:

"When were paid holidays instituted in France?" Tikki reads from the textbook.

"Oh, Tikki, please don't talk about holidays!" Marinette stresses as she goes back and forth between the many assignments that were currently piling up.

"But it's for your history test tomorrow, Marinette!" Tikki reminds.

"Okay, first paid holiday, summer 1936." Marinette recites, finishing up sewing a shirt.

"Good job! Uh... you're drawing in the t-shirt now.." Tikki warns.

"No!" Marinette jumps from her seat, beginning to walk back and forth to try and calm herself down.

"Perhaps you should take a little break, Marinette?" Tikki suggests.

"I can't! It's all due tomorrow! Tomorrow. Tomorrow!!" Marinette stresses.

"Marinette!" Tom knocks on Marinette's trap door before entering, "Ultimate Mecha Strike tournament time!"

"Video games?" Marinette finds peace at the thought. "It's been so long since I last played video games.. No! I can't give in. Dad, with the T-shirt for Kitty Section, the history test, the sketches for Jagged Stone's new poster, I still have 72 hours worth of work left to fit in by tomorrow! And the rest of the week after that is even worse! I don't have a choice. I have to stop playing!"

"Stop playing? But Marinette, playing is like that little pinch of salt in baguettes. It makes life tastier!" Tom gasps.

"Dad, I've got so many cakes baking in the oven right now, they're all on the verge of getting burnt!" Marinette hops back on her computer to continue writing her essay, "No amount of salt is going to fix this."

"Why don't you ask (Y/N) for help, I'm sure she'd love to!" Tom questions.

"I already did, she's falling behind today too!" Marinette pouts.

"Fine, that's too bad. But remember, watch your apple pie, sweetheart. It's bubbling all over your cinnamon flan." Tom warns, before heading back down stairs. "Oh, why does she have to grow so fast?"

"It's a part of life." Sabine sighs before holding up a controller, "So, best of three does the laundry?"

Marinette continues to sew as she listens to her parents having a blast downstairs.

"Oh you got me?! I don't believe it! You've been practicing in secret again, haven't you?!" Tom accuses.

"Triple cosmic kick! Bam! Yes, I got you!" Sabine cheers.

"Oh no!" Tom groans.

Marinette scoffs and rolls her eyes at how loud they were being.

"So, paid vacation was instituted to allow workers to...?" Tikki quizzes.

|~|

"..Take a break... play video games." Marinette mumbles in her sleep, before jumping awake. She snatches the paper that was stuck to her cheek and takes a deep breath once she realizes she actually filled it out, handing it to Mrs. Bustier. "Found it! It really was just a dream. I filled it out for real! Now I just need to finish the last kitty section t-shirts, review my English lessons and coloring."

"It's for my new video game!" Marinette overhears Max say.

"Video games.." Marinette swoons at the thought before snapping out of it, "Coloring the poster!"