3.7 - Oni-Chan

3rd Person POV:

"Hi, darling!" Your breakfast is on the table, your lunch is in a bag and dinner is in the fridge. I'll be home late tonight, again.. but I'll do my best to be there this weekend, pinky promise! And just call me if you need anything. I love you to bits, my angel!"

Lila half listens to the voicemail her mother left her as she prepares herself for another day of school, but once she hears the last part, she sighs frustratedly. Another week of no parents. Awesome.

|~|

Nino walks down the street on his way to school when he spots Lila not too far away from him with particularly sad face.

"Uh... Something wrong, Lila?" Nino questions, quickly catching up to her.

Lila quickly hides her frown and replaces it with a smile, "Oh! No, I'm doing great! It's just that... my Mom wants me to go with her to this fancy embassy meeting function tonight, but I've got way too much homework, and I'm so behind after being away for the first term. I'm just., going to have to tell her no.. she'll be so upset."

"Ah, yeah, bummer." Nino shrugs.

"Adrien said he'd help me, but I don't want to bother him with it. He's probably forgotten anyway..." Lila hides a smirk once she gains an idea, "He might think I've got a crush on him, like all those other girls who are constantly hanging all over him."

"Adrien's a great dude. I'm sure he won't mind! I can put in a good word for you, if you want!" Nino offers.

"You'd do that for me?" Lila smiles, clinging onto his arm. "Oh, thanks, Nino, you're the best!"

"No sweat." Nino subtly removes his arm, watching as Adrien's car arrives at the entrance of the school and Adrien waves his goodbye to Gorilla before exiting, meeting (Y/N) by the bottom of the stairs. He quickly rushes over to greet his friends, "Hey, Adrien! Sup, (Y/N)!"

"Hi, Nino!" (Y/N) waves as they wait for him to reach them.

"What's up?" Adrien greets with a smile.

Lila finally smirks before heading into the building behind them.

|~|

The school bell rings and everyone quickly scrambles out the door.

"Hey, Lila! Nino told me about your problem. I can still help with your school work if you want?" Adrien offers.

"Really? You'd do that?" Lila smiles. "You're such a great help! You're saving my life, you know!"

"No problem, Lila. Happy to help." Adrien nods.

Alya continues to pack her stuff but notices that Marinette was crawling along the floor and up the stairs. Alya crawls behind her, spotting her pressing her ear up against a seat.

"Marinette?" Alya whispers.

"I was so not spying on Lila!" Marinette quickly makes up, "I was just... tying my shoes!"

"You've got nothing to worry about. Nino told me she doesn't have the hots for Adrien." Alya smiles, unknowing that Lila heard them.

"Why don't we go to your place to do your homework?" Lila suddenly suggests, regaining Alya and Marinette's attention, "It would be so much quieter, wouldn't it?"