3.16 - Ikari Gozen

3rd Person POV:

"Hey buddies! As you know, Friendship Day is officially here!" Mireille Caquet introduces.

"Today, hundreds of amazing new friendships will be created all over Paris. Right, Mireille?"  Aurore Beauréal smiles in the girl's direction.

"You got it, Aurore! Once again, buddies, this year, you and your secret new friend, will be picked at random, and will go on an exciting adventure across Paris, searching for a hidden celebrity!" Mireille explains.

"And this year's celebrity is none other than the muse of Gabriel's brand, the one and only Adrien Agreste!" Aurore announces.

"Hello!" Adrien awkwardly smiles and waves once the camera points to him.

|~|

"Hello.." Marinette dreamily waves at her screen and (Y/N) picks up Marinette's jaw and closes the girl's mouth before she starts drooling. "Oh no! What if they didn't get my sign up text, just like last year? What if I don't get to take part in the game?!"

"Not gonna happen." Alya chuckles. "Because, last year, you didn't have your amazing BFF to make sure everything was gonna be fine."

Alya places the friendship badge on Marinette's jacket, a token that ensured the bluenette would be able to play the game.

"Thanks, Alya!" Marinette takes a huge sigh of relief.

"Here we go! It's starting!" Rose brings all the girls attention back to screen.

"Let me recap the rules for our buddies here. When Adrien pushes this button, thousands of text messages will be simultaneously sent all across Paris! In the message, each of you will find the first riddle to solve, which will then lead you to your new friend! Then, together you'll attempt to solve more riddles. Which if done correctly, will lead you straight to Adrien!" Mireille recaps. "And later, we have a very special guest joining us to do the Friendship Day speech! One of Adrien's closest friends, and the daughter of President herself: (Y/N) (L/N)!"

"You know his location?!" Marinette foams at the mouth and shakes the girl, "Tell me!"

"Woah, woah! I don't know his location either. I'll get a notification after all the texts go out for his whereabouts. And when I get there, I'll go on TV, do my "friendship welcoming speech," and then leave." (Y/N) explains, "Simple as that."

"That's it? You're not going to stay with him or anything?" Alix tries to poke at the girl's brain. "You're just.. gonna leave?"

They've been noticing that (Y/N) and Adrien's relationship seemed strained. More-so on (Y/N)'s end, because every time she's seen him, she'd either find an excuse to leave or became less talkative around him. Nobody knows what happened between them, but everyone knows that Adrien's growing highly antsy about it.

"That's it." (Y/N) sighs.

"What's going on between you two?" Marinette is the one to ask, "Normally you guys are all buddy-buddy?"

"Drop it." (Y/N)'s tone is firm. A signal for the girls to leave it alone.

Truth is, (Y/N) just can't look him in the eye without feeling an immense amount of guilt. She almost kissed Chat Noir, knowing that she was in love with Adrien. She knew they weren't together, but it almost felt like she could've been leading him on, and felt something akin to adultery, which made her even guiltier. And angrier because it also makes no sense, she's single, and therefore allowed to date whoever she'd like, but she feels gross for liking two men at once (since society makes it seem like only two per relationship are allowed). So she'd rather just drop it and avoid the feelings and the blond all together.