3.2 - Animaestro

3rd Person POV:

"She's sacred of cats and birds, but powerless without these feline and birdie!"

"What? That is so not true!" Marinette watches the new movie trailer based on the heroes of Paris. "I'm not scared of cats and birds!"

"Chat Noir, Phoenix, and Ladybug, three heroes facing their destiny! Coming soon to theaters!"

"The real Chat Noir, Phoenix, and Ladybug won't be able to make it to tonight's premiere, but I hope they'll love my movie as much as we love them." The director of the movie, Thomas Astruc,  says as he's interviewed.

"Meh, I'll be the judge of that." Marinette turns her face up.

"You turned down an invitation to the premiere?" Tikki questions.

"I'm a superhero, Tikki. Not a star. It's my job to protect the city not sit around at a movie premiere." Marinette smiles.

"Well said, Marinette!" Tikki nods, proud.

"The premiere will be attended by many illustrious guests, including the famous rockstar Jagged Stone, famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste, and his teen idol son who voiced Chat Noir, Adrien Agreste." Nadia reports.

"Adrien's gonna be there?! Oh, Ladybug so should've said yes!" Marinette whines aloud.

Tikki only sighs.

|~|

"So, we've got 600 macaroons, plus 800 petit fours, not to mention the Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Phoenix tiered cakes." Tom reads out the list to his wife.

"We should've hired someone to help us serve all these guests for the premiere." Sabine shakes her head.

"Maybe we should ask (Y/N). And we'll promise her all the sweets she can eat for the next week." Tom thinks.

"Yes! I'll text her right away!" Sabine happily claps, pulling out her phone and typing away.

"Do you mean the premiere of the new Ladybug, Chat, and Phoenix animated movie?" Marinette perks up.

"Yes." Tom continues to write.

"Me too, me too, me too!" Marinette immediately rushes over, "I can totally help you out with that!"

"You mean.. as a server?" Tom hesitantly asks, swiftly catching plates from falling onto the floor that she had dropped.

"Yes! I'll hand out macaroons to Adrien, I mean... everyone of course! Not just Adrien, cuz Adrien's not the only one who like macaroons.." Marinette bashfully says.

"And the fact that Adrien will be there has nothing to do with it?" Sabine raises an eyebrow.

"Not a thing." Marinette lies straight through her teeth. "Like, not in the slightest! I just want to help out my wonderful, sweet parents who I love so much!"

Marinette drops the plates that her father handed back to her, shattering them on the floor.

Sabine and Tom share a look, both not saying anything, but the silence said everything.