chapter 2- Silence

I stirr and check the time.

3 a.m.

I feel oddly cold. Looking around, Peter is nowhere to be found.

I stand and leave my room, the chill of the wooden floors shocking me awake.

Taking the stairs, I reach the living room, and head to the kitchen. Just as I grab a glass, walking echoes in my ear. I silently peak from the kitchen door and see Peter resting himself on the sofa.

I walk forwards and sit next to him, his gaze lingering on my eyes. He's wearing a dark red and blue onesie with a black spider on it, the suit glittering in the light.

"You okay?" I ask, brushing his hair back with my fingers.

He takes my hand and kisses it, the rough texture of his suit scratching my skin.

"Yeah." He sighs heavily. "I'm okay."

A large bruise rests on his left cheek and a small cut is on his lips. I sit in his lap, then cup his left cheek in my hand, laying my thumb over his lip.

I concentrate, instantly healing the damage inflicted. I smile, pecking his lips before leaning my forehead on his.

"Boyfriend," I poke his chest lightly, "girlfriend." I point at myself.

He nods, smiling and staring at my lips.

"Everything's like a muscle memory."

He kisses me sweetly, gripping gently to my hair to pull me closer. I grip onto the suit, closing any gaps as the tent of his onesie tightens.

Someone clears their throat, me and Peter quickly pulling away.

It's Peter 2. He gives us both a look as I awkwardly climb out of Peter's lap.

"You're lucky I'm not Steve. Now, you guys might want to head to bed. He gets up early for training."

"Thank you," I say gratefully, taking Peter's hand and dragging him with me.

We quickly but silently run up to my room, Peter taking off his suit so he's just in his underwear.

I blush and turn around, turning back when Peter says I can. We go back to sleep in each others' arms.

~~~~~

I stirr, shake away the dizziness, and head to the bathroom, brushing my teeth.

Peter isn't here.

I go down to the living room, but no one is around.

"Peter? Tony? Vision? Wanda? Steve?" My voice gives up as I swerve around the room.

It's silent.

My breathing picks up again and I collapse to the floor, pulling at my hair, tears clouding my vision.

"Peter! Wanda! STEVE!" I scream, the air suffocating me.

I grip tightly to the sofa next to me, breaking it in half as the lonliness fills my heart.

The door smashes open and I sharply turn, sending a blast of energy. Wanda blocks it, all of them running towards me.

Peter wraps me tightly in his arms, kissing my forehead over and over again.

"Wanda, can you...?" Steve says.

I feel Wanda walking in my mind, but I don't stop her. I focus on Peter and on calming myself down.

"She doesn't like being alone. It terrifies her," Wanda says, getting out of my head. "She's had moments of complete silence and isolation. Drives her mad now."