chapter 3- Plums Of Love

At around 3 p.m, me and Bucky walk through the park, making small talk and asking about each others' interests.

I notice an ice-cream truck, almost jumping like a child as I point at it. I basically drag Bucky over, both of us ordering our ice-creams and sitting on a bench as we eat.

I glance over at a lake, but see 2 women, one crouching by the water, and the other pointing and laughing.

I move my head to the side to get a better look, but jump up, teleporting my ice-cream in the freezer at home while running to the girls.

I kick the girl who was pointing in the face as Bucky joins me.

I pull up a third girl's head from the water, her breathing heavily and thanking me.

I turn angrily to the 2 girls, beating their sorry asses before helping the third girl.

"Oh my god, are you okay? What's your name?" Bucky asks, both of us walking her to the bench where we were eating our ice-creams.

"Astrid," the girl says, squeezing the pond water out of her hair.

"Girls bully how long?" I ask.

"Uh... they've been harassing me for... 6 months now."

"Don't let those assholes be the boss of you. Learn how to defend yourself. Maybe martial arts," Bucky suggests.

"Or restraining order."

"Thanks. For helping me. I really appreciate it."

I use my powers to dry her hair, making sure it's smooth and cute.

She thanks us again before leaving.

I look at Bucky, puzzled, but he shrugs it off, leading us into town.

I stare at everything I see, asking Bucky what everything is out of fascination.

We get to a plum stand, and Bucky smiles, checking if they're good.

"That one looks good," I say, picking up a plum and showing Bucky.

"Yeah, it's good," Bucky says, nodding in approval.

"What's your thing with plums? Is it like Thor and his Poptarts?" I ask, chuckling.

"No, this is nothing like Thor and his Poptarts. I just really like plums."

"Mmm-hmm, that's what they all say," I joke, nudging him in the side.

"Ooh, look. It's f/f." Bucky points to a fruit stand selling my favourite fruit.

I gasp dramatically, running over to the stand as Bucky pays for his plums.

"Oh my daze, I haven't had these in ages!" I exclaim, jumping up and down.

"Oh, look who's a hypocrite," Bucky says, giving me a look.

"Well, this is different. I haven't had these in a billion years. You had plums the other day," I exaggerate, but Bucky shakes his head.

"Plums. That fruit stand."

"You remember it?" Bucky asks, turning to me out of nowhere.

"We talk about obsession of fruit," I recall, scratching my head.

He stands there, dazed, but he pays for his precious plums, both of us getting home.

I jog to the freezer to retrieve my lost ice-cream, but it's gone.

"Who ate ice-cream?!" I yell, my voice bouncing off the walls.

"Shit, who ate her ice-cream?" Nat asks, looking around at everyone.

"Don't look at me," Sam says, his hands up.

"Hey, I get I'm a giant child, but it wasn't me," Scott defends when everyone turns to him.

Peter 1 walks in, my ice-cream in his hands as he's happily eating it.

"What?" He asks, glancing at everyone's worried looks.

"That was Y/n's ice-cream," Bruce explains.

"Oh... crap."

He escapes with my ice-cream in hand, running up the stairs and probably to his room.

I shake my head and laugh it off, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Chess, anyone?" I ask, looking between the 15 people standing in the living room.

"I'm up for a game," Clint chirps in.

He grabs some snacks as I set up the game, but Tony runs in.

"Guys, we got a situation. It's HYDRA."

"Shit," I curse, getting up from my seat and walking forwards.

"Pep-"

"I know. Me and Morgan will stay here, keep an eye on everything," Pepper finishes for Tony, smiling.

"Y/n, you're staying here," Peter says, walking over to me.

"No. I go," I argue.

"No, and that's final! You're not going. You're gonna stay here with Pepper and Morgan."

"Listen, I go, like or not," I say, walking away.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"Y/n, you're not going! Okay? Listen, I'm not letting you put yourself in danger, whether you like it or not."

"Why not!"

"I can't lose you again!" Peter yells, grabbing onto my upper arms. "I can't lose you again, I just can't. You're the love of my life, and I can't lose you because I can't protect you."

"Could die," I shoot back, pointing at him. "You could die, I never see again. Not fair, I love you!" I yell as best as I can, pointing at myself.

Tears fall from his widened eyes as he cups my cheeks in his hands, rubbing my left cheek gently with his thumb.

"You're staying here. Friday, keep her here."

I go to argue, but Peter kisses me sweetly, quickly pulling away and leaving with the others.

I stand there, staring into space at what just happened. I snap back to reality when the roaring of a quinjet can be heard from outside.

Pepper and Morgan head to the nursery for Morgan to play.

I turn invisible and run for the door, but Friday locks it just as I reach it.

"I am not permitted to let you leave."

"Damn."

I grab the sofa and yeet it at the door, but the door is perfectly in tact. I groan and try throwing the coffee table. Same result.

I run to my room, pacing back and forth as I try and think of a way to leave.

I quickly stumble to the window in my room but it, too, locks itself, making me bang my fists on the smooth metal.

I punch the metal hard, a dent resting in the shape of my fist. I punch again, the dent deepening substantially.

I repeatedly strike the metal until it rips off my window. I escape, putting the metal back on my window before flying after the quinjet.

---

○○○○○memory restored- 25%○○○○○