chapter 17- Plans

I groan as my head shoots left at the pain.

"Can you stop slapping me. Nothing is going to happen. I'll just get more angry," I warn Lee, flicking my hair back.

My arms and legs are tied down to the wooden chair.

"Henry, tie her hair back."

Tugging on my hair forces another groan, my hair residing in a messy bun. I spit blood on the floor next to me, looking up at Lee.

"You stupid bitch!" He lands a punch this time.

My head falls between my shoulders, but I slowly look up at Lee, smirking.

"Language."

Lee, pissed off, nods at Henry behind me. There is a second of peace before I begin to struggle for air. A cloth is all I feel, which is very tight around my throat.

"Enough of this childish behaviour! I need answers! NOW!"

Henry lets go.

"Honey, the last thing you're gonna get is answers. So you might as well put me in solitary confinement," I gasp.

"Not a bad idea... Honey."

-N/POV: at the compound-

Again, the Avengers are sitting in the briefing room when another transmission comes through. Tony presses on the video.

Lee delivers a slap across Y/n's face.

"Can you stop slapping me. Nothing is going to happen. I'll just get more angry," Y/n's voice chimes.

A dirty-blonde haired man ties her hair back into a bun. She spits on the floor, panting and looking up at Lee.

"You stupid bitch!"

A punch across the jaw causes Steve to gasp, sitting on a chair nearby.

A small pause fills both rooms as Y/n looks up at Lee.

"Language."

This sets Tony off laughing.

"She really is your daughter. And we're about to get her. Friday, you have a location?" Tony asks.

"Location locked, sir. Quinjets ready for departure."

Peter looks back at the screen, watching the mysterious man strangle his lover. He wanted to scream at him. He wanted nothing more than to hurt everyone in that facility just to get her back, but he couldn't do that to her.

Let her see him as a monster.

"Let's get my daughter back," Steve says dramatically, standing.

-Y/n's POV-

Sitting in a tiny cube of a room with a small, weak light, I practice my powers as much as I can without getting caught.

The door cracks open, making me gasp subconsciously. Thankfully, Henry walks in holding a tray of food.

The door closes as he sets the food on my bed.

"I'm allowed to talk to you for 10 minutes a day, try and get information off of you. Spent all the money on the simulation so security is really shitty. Everything I say to Lee counts as the truth."

"Oh, thank god. I thought he built this from being rich."

"No, he built everything with the only money he had until people began following him like some prophet. No money goes to any of the staff."

"Do you have a plan?"

"The vents. 1, and 1 only, leads to the sewers. We can get out from there. It's on the opposite of the facility and it will take us to the Mozambique Channel."

"Wait, where are we right now."

"Madagascar."

"Mada-? Shit! That's like 20 hours away from New York. How in the shit am I going to get to New York?"

"There's a guy who sells us planes and air transport. I can pretend you're a prisoner?"

"I am."

"That's the spirit!"

"Oh, we are screwed. We are so bloody screwed."

"Hey, this is the only plan I have. If we act fast, and efficiently, we can get out. I guarantee it."

I drop my head, sighing.

"Alright."

-N/POV: at the compound-

"We're getting there in roughtly 16 hours. Here's the plan: there are multiple vents everywhere within the facility. 1 vent, as I can tell, leads from the Mozambique Channel into the sewers and into the facility. This sewer sits on the opposite of the building, so we'll have to act fast," Tony explains, using a map and pointing.

"Great. Scott will head in first with an ant friend, check security and try to find out where Y/n is. Once he's in and gives the all clear, Nat, Clint, Wanda, Vision, Loki, Rhodey, Bucky and Sam will get in and take her to the entrance to the vent, meeting all of us there-"

"I'm going in with them," Peter 3 interjects.

"No. You're staying with us."

"I'm going in!"

"That is not your decision to make! I know you love her, but we can't risk it, or I'd go myself. End of discussion."

"But-"

"Enough, Parker. We know what we're doing."

-Y/n's POV-

"We're leaving tomorrow. Everyone cuts shifts tomorrow so there will be less guards and more time to get around."

"Perfect. Is there anything else I should know?"

"Yes. There will be a few guards posted in the sewers. Lee keeps them there so no one can get in, or out."

"Do you know how to get me my powers back?"

"I can, I just need some time to work on it. Give me until tomorrow morning and it'll be done."

"Where are the trackers?"

He shows me his right arm. I run my finger against his skin, applying a small amount of pressure. I stop in the middle of his lower arm.

Bingo.

"Don't scream."

I grasp the metal from in his arm, pulling my arm up and avoiding anything important. I pull it out, quickly ripping some of my bed sheet off and covering his arm with it.

I rip another piece off, then gesture to his leg. I repeat.

"Keep these in your pocket, and tomorrow morning change into something else, and drop the trackers into my cell when you come to visit."

"Alright. The only thing left to do... is wait for tomorrow. Are you ready?"

"Nope. You?" I ask, sitting on the bed.

He sits next to me and places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"No. But this is all we've got. We just have to be hopeful, and very, very lucky."